5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with auto start from app

Debbie Omuleski

Reaction score
Ever since I updated my Uconnect software Mt auto start is not working with the app. Works fine with jet fob just not app. I deleted and downloaded uconnect, still not working. My email says it’s been started but the car is not started. Anyone else have this issue?

dstevens

Reaction score
Ever since I updated my Uconnect software Mt auto start is not working with the app. Works fine with jet fob just not app. I deleted and downloaded uconnect, still not working. My email says it’s been started but the car is not started. Anyone else have this issue?
Apologies for being off topic a but....Just curious...

I would assume that this would require the truck to be connected to the internet in some manner.

Would that require that the internal hot spot be active? Or is there some other active connection?

2019 Ram Bighorn Sport
4x4, Hemi

Reverse

Reaction score
UConnect 1-year trial, after that you need to pay for connected truck. The pricing for that and also for the hotspot is ridiculous, IMO.

Mikemarshallau

Reaction score
what is your fuel level?
if your low fuel level is on the truck with remote start the truck will start up and then shut down
just an observation i have made

DakotaRam

Reaction score
If you read some of the App Store reviews the app is very hit and miss with it working. Had the same issue with mine, never bother to pay after the 1 year trial. There is other topics on this forum of all the issues with Uconnect app and customer service and services.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Apologies for being off topic a but....Just curious...

I would assume that this would require the truck to be connected to the internet in some manner.

Would that require that the internal hot spot be active? Or is there some other active connection?

2019 Ram Bighorn Sport
4x4, Hemi
No, this is not needed.
The truck uses its own connection for Guardian.

Cheers,

Cravenfan

Reaction score
I don't get an e-mail, the app in the top right shows you messages if the "Request received" worked or not. (The app really doesn't tell me it started, just the request was received, when I asked it to start.) I also get an alert on my phone on the received request.

I have not seen a difference to non-UConnect fob distance from my prior GMC, seems about the same to me.

Users who are viewing this thread