5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with an array of dash lights after battery disconnect!!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a brit living in Spain and have just imported a new grey import 2022 RAM 1500 Sport GT from Canada. Ended up with a flat battery shortly after delivery, so after failing to recharge the battery using a plug-in charger connected directly to the battery whilst still installed in the truck, I disconnected the battery and left it charging overnight. The truck started fine after the charge, but I was left with a series of fault codes on the dash which have not cleared after a few hundred miles of driving. The lights are ABS service, ESC service and 4WD unavailable and Stop/Start not ready. I tried disconnecting the battery for 30 mins to clear codes, but they were still there.

As we only have one official RAM dealer in the country, literally the other side of the country, I tried my local FCA Group Fiat/Dodge/Jeep dealer instead to try and clear the codes but he was unable to. I then phoned the official RAM dealer and he says that if a battery has been left disconnected overnight, the ABS module will need reconfiguring, and they are the only ones who can do this!?? Is this true?

Does anyone have any solutions rather than having to drive half way across the country? The truck is brand new and there were no fault codes before the battery was disconnected, so I can only assume that the battery being disconnected was the cause.

Thanks for any advice guys - I am literally at a loss of what to do??

Mart.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Any Stellantis dealer should be able to read and clear the codes. They don't have different computers to hook to the different brands. These trucks are terrible for problems with things involving batteries. People have had batteries test good, but cause problems that were cured by replacing the battery. Sometimes a couple tenths of a volt makes a difference.

Reaction score
Thanks 6of36.
I have had the FCA dealer print the codes today.

One thing that I forgot to mention, is that in preparation for a rear fog light requirement in Europe, I went ahead and fitted a replacement rear fascia loom and headlight switch, both of which are the nearest spec items that I could find to those installed as stock on my car, but with the provision for a rear fog light.

The stock parts fitted to my car are:

Stock rear fascia Wiring loom - PN: 68488370AB
- [Rear Bumper Module]
- [Remote Proximity Keyless Entry]
- [Parksense Ft/Rr Park Assist w/Stop]

Euro spec rear fascia loom I have fitted - 68490773AC
- [Rear Bumper Module]
- [Remote Proximity Keyless Entry]
- [Parksense Ft/Rr Park Assist w/Stop]
- [Rear Fog Lamps]

Stock headlight switch - 68469535AA
- [LNJ] OR [Front LED Fog Lamps],
- [Instrument Panel Parts Module],
- [OVERHEAD CUPHOLDER LAMP],
- [FRONT DOOR ACCENT LIGHTING],
- [Rear Door Accent Lighting],
- [CARGO AND CHMSL LAMP] AND/OR [CTR STOP LAMP W/CARGO VIEW CAMERA],

Euro spec headlight switch I fitted - 68338769AD
- [LNJ] OR [LED Fog Lamps]
- [Instrument Panel Parts Module]
- [OVERHEAD CUPHOLDER LAMP]
- [Front Door Accent Lighting]
- [REAR DOOR ACCENT LIGHTING]
- [CARGO AND CHMSL LAMP] AND/OR [LED CHMSL LAMP]
- [AUTOMATIC HEADLAMPS]
- [REAR FOG LAMPS]

The FCA dealer claims that the error codes can't be cleared as they are due to the replacement parts causing Canbus issues, as they are not what the ECU is looking for.

The fault codes are:
PCM - U0418 - INNCORRECT DATA RECEIVED FROM BRAKE CONTROL MODULE
ABS - C2206-00 - DOES NOT MATCH VEHICLE CONFIGURATION
HCP - U1003-00 - ESP CAN C PERFORMANCE BUS
DASM - C2227-00 - ABS ECU INACTIVE

Does anyone know if it is likely the new wiring loom OR the switch is causing the issue, and what I need to do to fix?

Many thanks!

Mart.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You have a unique situation being European. Canadian trucks already have different specs than US trucks, one of which is headlight switch. Those conversions may only work converting US to Europe. More than likely corporate involvement. Contact Ramcares, they are on this forum. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread