5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Alfa regarding LIN BUS

brental1

Reaction score
I have a 2022 BH with Level 1 EQ. Last year, I swapped in Heat/Vent Front Seats and Heated Steering Wheel. They didn't require programming to get the hard buttons to work. I have now programmed them with Alfa and the soft buttons now appear on the display.

I just swapped in Heat/Vent Rear seats. I programmed several changes with Alfa and the Right switch (both heat and vent) work. However, the Left switch does nothing. I'm trying to diagnose the Left Switch with Alfa. How/can I do this?

The dropdowns for all the LIN options show 22 options; but none of them seem to be heat/vent switches. Unless I don't understand some of the acronyms.

When I choose Display LIN Part Numbers and Serial Numbers, I get "Failed for Undefined Reason".

I'm afraid to Reset LIN ECU.

Appreciate any input. Brent

Alfaobd can’t diagnose a switch issue on Lin bus. Sounds like it’s most likely a wiring issue.
Both rear switches have the same connectors with the same circuits in the same positions. Unplug them both and check continuity on the circuits in the connectors (ie.- probe position 1 on the right switch connector with position 1 on the left switch connector, and so on).

Alfaobd can’t diagnose a switch issue on Lin bus. Sounds like it’s most likely a wiring issue.
Both rear switches have the same connectors with the same circuits in the same positions. Unplug them both and check continuity on the circuits in the connectors (ie.- probe position 1 on the right switch connector with position 1 on the left switch connector, and so on).
Thanks. I got around 12V on both the Fused B+ and LIN BUS on both connectors; with respect to each connector's ground--so it seems all 3 pins on both connectors are OK. I even verified the pinning on the Right connector just in case it was made wrong.

I couldn't swap the switches because of the keying. But, I just repinned the connectors and the bad switch doesn't work on the "good" side. So, it must be a bad switch. Both switches were brand new last year!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back