5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP - Will These Tires Fit with the RC leveling strut????

SkeeterJackson

Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

I have searched and couldn't find what I was looking for. I need new tires before the snow flies, but if I am going to buy new tires, I want to level my truck first so I don't end up buying two sets.

Truck: 2021 Bighorn night edition etorque 4WD. No ORG or any additional lifts.

I am going to get the rough country 2 inch leveling strut. See below for screenshot. does anyone know if 295/65/R20 will fit with this lift on the stock rims? This is a 35 inch tire but it is only 11.6 inches wide. I would like to put the tallest tire possible in there, but I dont know if it will rub or not. I would prefer to keep the stock rims because they are already black. If I purchased new rims, I would just want black rims with probably a negative offset to stick out a little bit, but I am fine with stock if they fit.

does anyone have any insight?

1665064233965.png 1665064406527.png

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I put the same size tires on my '21 Laramie with a 3" Motofab spacer and still had some rubbing @ full lock on the drivers side. I think you will likely have a decent amount of rubbing with a 2" lift/level and those tires.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gonna be close. I just ordered 35x11.5's yesterday to go with a 2.5. I was looking at 295/65's, but a true 35x11.5 is a little shorter and a little narrower, and quite a bit cheaper. Maybe try looking at those, too. Not sure if they have them in that size or not.

SkeeterJackson

Reaction score
Thanks for the input Lpsouth. Is the 3inch spacer considered a leveling kit or was that part of your lift kit? I dont know much about leveling kits.

HemiJake, I just replied to you in a different thread talking about this. I will take a look at 35x11.5 for cost savings and to decrease the size a bit. I am not married to those tires in particular. I just need something that is 3 peak rated for snow. Do you anticipate front end high issues with a 2.5 inch level?

do you know of someone who has done a 2.5 inch level and 35x11.5 with no or minimal rubbing?

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Thanks for the input Lpsouth. Is the 3inch spacer considered a leveling kit or was that part of your lift kit? I dont know much about leveling kits.

HemiJake, I just replied to you in a different thread talking about this. I will take a look at 35x11.5 for cost savings and to decrease the size a bit. I am not married to those tires in particular. I just need something that is 3 peak rated for snow. Do you anticipate front end high issues with a 2.5 inch level?

do you know of someone who has done a 2.5 inch level and 35x11.5 with no or minimal rubbing?
The 3"Spacer was part of my level (more of a level AND lift really). I did the Motofab 3" front/2" rear level kit.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Just to give you an idea how that size fills out the wheel wells even with the level/lift.

20220108_094118.jpg

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

There are few fellas on here I've seen with a 2.5, 295/65's, and stock wheels. I am also going stock wheels. I'm about 2.6" rear end high right now as measured, so I'm hoping that the 2.5 will be just about perfect. Take a look at this thread: 295/65r20 Fit on Stock 20x9 +19mm Wheels

Louhound is the one that I am modeling mine after, if that helps. I should have just about the same setup when I'm finished. He explains it there much better than I can ha.

THFD334

Reaction score
I've been talking on the facebook page about this as well. He's got pictures and says he has the 2.5" motofab spacers with 35x12.50 on stock 20" wheels. Looks great and he posted a video showing no rub or anything whatsoever. Anybody else tried that exact setup and had a different result? And does the rubbing come from the width or the height of the tire?

Stormin_Norm

Reaction score
I just put the 3.5” RC lift kit with 35x12.50 tires. Had to trim a little off the factory mud flap and heat the front of the finder liner and move it a bit but it doesn’t rub at all. Wheels are 22x12

Attachments

• F305A13F-492D-40A0-976E-2B952D307AF4.jpeg
    F305A13F-492D-40A0-976E-2B952D307AF4.jpeg
    301.3 KB · Views: 55

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just put the 3.5” RC lift kit with 35x12.50 tires. Had to trim a little off the factory mud flap and heat the front of the finder liner and move it a bit but it doesn’t rub at all. Wheels are 22x12
First one I’ve seen in a while with 22’s! That’s a good looking truck. Well done, sir! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾🤙🏽👍

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been talking on the facebook page about this as well. He's got pictures and says he has the 2.5" motofab spacers with 35x12.50 on stock 20" wheels. Looks great and he posted a video showing no rub or anything whatsoever. Anybody else tried that exact setup and had a different result? And does the rubbing come from the width or the height of the tire?
My 11.5's fit fine with no rubbing. I can't speak for 12.5's, but I do know it's a popular setup. I went just a bit narrower for extra breathing room with the uca. Not every tire brand is the same 12.5 either. They all seem to use their own measuring standards ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/