5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Understanding Towing Mirrors, Power Fold, 360 Cameras

spithead051

Reaction score
My only complaints about the tow mirrors are the lack of auto dimming and the fact that the convex mirrors are manually adjusted. Tinting my windows solved 90% of the lack of auto-dimming issue.

They are better in every way to the standard mirrors, the 360 camera works when folded in, the spotter lights, the large convex mirror can be adjusted to give you much better visibility than the standard mirror. Snap on mirrors are usually wobbly or look funny, and the convex portion of the standard mirrors is too small for a truck this size.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My only complaints about the tow mirrors are the lack of auto dimming and the fact that the convex mirrors are manually adjusted. Tinting my windows solved 90% of the lack of auto-dimming issue.

They are better in every way to the standard mirrors, the 360 camera works when folded in, the spotter lights, the large convex mirror can be adjusted to give you much better visibility than the standard mirror. Snap on mirrors are usually wobbly or look funny, and the convex portion of the standard mirrors is too small for a truck this size.
Look funny? The moose antlers are the funniest looking mirrors on any vehicle. Everybody makes fun of them. My last Ram had the standard mirrors, and I had no problem with my 8 1/2 ft wide pontoon boat. I was going to get the tow mirrors, just for the spotter lights, but decided the ridiculous looks weren't worth it, because I don't back trailers at night. I have only seen good reviews on a couple of the aftermarket extensions.

spithead051

Reaction score
Look funny? The moose antlers are the funniest looking mirrors on any vehicle. Everybody makes fun of them. My last Ram had the standard mirrors, and I had no problem with my 8 1/2 ft wide pontoon boat. I was going to get the tow mirrors, just for the spotter lights, but decided the ridiculous looks weren't worth it, because I don't back trailers at night. I have only seen good reviews on a couple of the aftermarket extensions.
You don't like cornholio mode? Blasphemy!

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The snap on mirrors vibrate and are also manual adjusted and sometimes they start to move out of alignment. They are a little hard to unclip off the mirror also and do leave some scratches after prolonged use.

6of36

Reaction score
They just need to put the new power extending mirrors for the 2500s on the 1500s. The moose antler mirrors were never a good design.

MTaylor

Reaction score
They just need to put the new power extending mirrors for the 2500s on the 1500s. The moose antler mirrors were never a good design.
Any chance anyone has heard if Ram actually plans to bring new style to the 1500s?

Also, for non-tow style mirrors, can these come with 360 cameras? If so, where is the camera and does it still work when mirrors are folded in? Anyone have a close-up pic for me pls?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One more point, If you get an 8.5' wide cargo trailer, make sure it has the extended tongue
on it. It will play havoc with the Blind Spot Monitoring. I will have to get mine extended to
fix this problem.

Malodave

Big Jim Swade

Reaction score
You won't need tow mirrors with a 6' wide trailer. I tow a 8.5' x 14 enclosed snowmobile trailer without them. The little spotter mirror in the corner really helps a lot. I wish I had tow mirrors, but I bought my BH off the lot and it didn't have them, but it did have the trailer brake controler.

6of36

Reaction score
Any chance anyone has heard if Ram actually plans to bring new style to the 1500s?

Also, for non-tow style mirrors, can these come with 360 cameras? If so, where is the camera and does it still work when mirrors are folded in? Anyone have a close-up pic for me pls?
The 25 is a refresh. Mine is on order but has non tow with 360.

Users who are viewing this thread