5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help understanding the Revel Links for Air Suspension

VaBeachRam

Reaction score
So I purchased some revel links and daystar spacer from a member here. For now I just have the links on but going to install the spacer in a couple weeks. I'm looking to put 35s on it then too (295/55/22 Ridge Grapplers). I like the height of it in the off road settings, but obviously those are restricted by speed. Could you not just adjust the links so that it raises the truck to the off road 1 or 2 level while it's in the normal setting? Would the ride just be rougher or are there other issues that could arise? I definitely don't want to damage the system but I hate that it goes to normal mode at 55mph (i think thats the speed). Or i wish it would raise back up to the off road setting once you got back below that speed.

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
Making the links shorter will raise the vehicle. I have the daystar pucks with the leveling links. I initially had my front links very short to get it to match the rear height. It definitely stiffened up the ride in normal mode because the suspension in extended. I also had a slight clinking noise when my front left wheel would go over small, but pronounced bumps. Extending the links in the front to bring the nose down a bit fixed things. You'll have to adjust the rear and lower it as well to get things completely level.

VaBeachRam

Reaction score
Making the links shorter will raise the vehicle. I have the daystar pucks with the leveling links. I initially had my front links very short to get it to match the rear height. It definitely stiffened up the ride in normal mode because the suspension in extended. I also had a slight clinking noise when my front left wheel would go over small, but pronounced bumps. Extending the links in the front to bring the nose down a bit fixed things. You'll have to adjust the rear and lower it as well to get things completely level.
So on the revel website it says you may have to RAISE the rear to match the front when using the spacers and links...thoughts?

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
I definitely did not have to raise the rear. If anything, to keep a plush ride, you'll want to lower it.

VaBeachRam

Reaction score
I definitely did not have to raise the rear. If anything, to keep a plush ride, you'll want to lower it.

What is to keep you from just adjusting the front to match the rear instead of adjusting the rear too? Or are you saying you did that initially and the ride was too harsh so you adjusted them both down a little?

db252

Reaction score
I set my front links to 2 1/8” center to center of attachment holes. This is what resulted in a near perfect level in my case and the pic above. After doing a short drive, the rear was literally a 1/16” higher.

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
What is to keep you from just adjusting the front to match the rear instead of adjusting the rear too? Or are you saying you did that initially and the ride was too harsh so you adjusted them both down a little?
I initially only had the front links with the pucks. I had to lift the front pretty high to get things level. Then I added the rear links, lowered the rear and front and got a much nicer ride.

VaBeachRam

Reaction score
I initially only had the front links with the pucks. I had to lift the front pretty high to get things level. Then I added the rear links, lowered the rear and front and got a much nicer ride.
Gotcha, thank you! What size tires are you running?

bourgeois

Reaction score
Need some help. I have the daystar puck and Airlink front and back. I did some measuring yesterday and noticed my front driver side was almost 3/4" lower then the 3 other sides. I pulled the link off and adjusted to almost the highest setting you can go. This did not move the height of the drivers front. Im averaging 39" from the other 3 sides but can not get my driver front over 38 1/4" in normal mode. Adjusting the link did nothing .

jimk hunt

Reaction score
So I purchased some revel links and daystar spacer from a member here. For now I just have the links on but going to install the spacer in a couple weeks. I'm looking to put 35s on it then too (295/55/22 Ridge Grapplers). I like the height of it in the off road settings, but obviously those are restricted by speed. Could you not just adjust the links so that it raises the truck to the off road 1 or 2 level while it's in the normal setting? Would the ride just be rougher or are there other issues that could arise? I definitely don't want to damage the system but I hate that it goes to normal mode at 55mph (i think thats the speed). Or i wish it would raise back up to the off road setting once you got back below that speed.
If you try this you will trigger some warnings in the air suspension system. When I put mine in OR1 (Off road package), I get locked out of lowering it by using the switch. It will eventually lower on it's own once speed is achieved. In the meantime it bounces like a Cali low rider! I am sure you would probably do some damage if you drove on it too long at OR1, if you managed a bypass.

jcjohn

Reaction score
Did any of you guys buy the Mopar UCAs or did you stick with stock? Also, did you find your trucks needed aligned after the install?

Users who are viewing this thread