5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help still can't figure out tiger striping on windows

90Addict

Reaction score
Now I know the tint makes this way easier to see but I can't figure out for the life of me how to make this go away. Windows are crystal clear until a little moisture is on them. I've tried everything I feel like. Any detail guys know any tricks? Or what it may be? My brother thinks it's hard water or acid rain from traveling to dealer?

dmitryDS

Reaction score
Had something similar with my Honda Pilot. RainX glass cleaner and replacing windshield wipers did the trick

90Addict

Reaction score
Had something similar with my Honda Pilot. RainX glass cleaner and replacing windshield wipers did the trick
I actually tried rainx on driver window and it almost "sealed" in some of the spots. It does cut down on the windows getting wet so it doesn't get this bad but I feel like I need to remove whatever it is before protecting

jkm312

Reaction score
Have you tried vinegar and hot water?
Another product that I use is "Invisible Glass" A company by the name of Stoner makes it. I find it in the auto section in Walmart, Target and the like. The stuff flat works .

Before clear coat, we used to use 1/3 vinegar, 1/3 alcohol, and 1/3 hot water to clean the oxidation off old car finishes, immediately followed by a hot soapy car wash.

90Addict

Reaction score
I've tried white vinegar, isopropyl alcohol, MEK which is the strongest paint thinner I know of. I also only use invisible glass

jkm312

Reaction score
Your are one tough customer lol!
Have you tried a razor blade to scape it off? From your video looks as if something is "on" the glass and not pitted into it. Do your finger tips tell you anything about the surface?
I once got an older truck spattered with overspray from staining a deck. I used Xylol to take it off. Cleaned it right down to the clear coat. Dampened a rag, worked a 2 foot square section at a time and wiped it up immediately after. Followed with a hot soapy bath and wax. The Xylol didn't bother the front windshield any, but it wasn't tinted. I would test a small out of the line of sight spot first. Don't leave the Xylol on for very long.

Av1

Reaction score
Have you tried rubbing compound? That might polish it out.

U

User_3336

Using a clay bar got rid of the effect on mine (along with some spray detailer).

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need to polish that out. A polishing compound, glass polish or lightweight rubbing compound will remove that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online