5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Sirius(ly) Frustrated

AAR#2

Reaction score
2020 Ram Rebel W/12” screen. During trial period (COVID year) I can’t say with any certainty the issue existed as I put so few miles on the truck and really didn’t venture past the lower 100 or so Sirius channels available. At the end of the trial I signed back up for a promotional offer with Sirius. This is when I began noticing issues, all appear related to the 700 series stations. Sometimes it comes in with minimal delay, maybe 10 sec or less. Most often it takes much longer durations to load, sometimes it will not load, sometimes cuts out after it’s loaded. Bottom line is I have been of the impression this should not happen with Sirius satellite service.
I’ve noticed that 700 series stations have what look like an internet signal where as other stations appear to have a satellite icon. (Photo attached)
When I speak to Sirius reps they try but each follows the script and when no improvement is made we eventually hang up frustrated. The conversation usually goes along the path of “I’m sorry, you aren’t supposed to get those stations”, {me} great, then why am I . . sometimes? Then they ask about my radio, and when they see what I have they say, Hmmm, yes, you should be able to get those stations”, {me} great, so why don’t I . . . all the time? We try several things to include sending a refresh and nothing changes. Eventually they place me on hold and speak with the supervisor who usually have little to offer, though at least on one occasion I was told “your internet provider for the truck is your issue” {me} WHAT?!?! I didn’t know I had an internet provider for my truck, don’t pay for one. . . And how would that work if I were driving across country or even the state?? I can’t even get reliable signal when in the city.
I took photos and sent them in, and nothing. The latest round of questioning asked if I could take the truck into the dealer to reimage the radio.
Looking at past posts from 2019 and older there appeared to be issues with Uconnect, and maybe this is the case again?? Sad case if this is another Ram programming issue.
Of course now my Uconnect has expired and $16 a month to remote start from across town or track my vehicle hardly seems worth it. If this issue were linked to Uconnect expiring I’d expect to NEVER get a stations in the 700 range.
Anyone else experience the same? Help please as I am Siriusly frustrated and unsure if this is Sirius or Ram Uconnect, either way I expect far more from the partnership.

Attachments

• ED7656E2-F976-4D73-AB81-CA04AB9BE8D8.jpeg
    ED7656E2-F976-4D73-AB81-CA04AB9BE8D8.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 55ACFBFB-2692-43DA-9445-473C2B2B00B1.jpeg
    55ACFBFB-2692-43DA-9445-473C2B2B00B1.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 28F1DAF1-CDD7-40AB-B38D-7120CE3DEAFD.jpeg
    28F1DAF1-CDD7-40AB-B38D-7120CE3DEAFD.jpeg
    199.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 2D1C1267-95B2-4EAB-B808-E8C5A498D430.jpeg
    2D1C1267-95B2-4EAB-B808-E8C5A498D430.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 14

RJS

Reaction score
First check to see if you have the all access program. Less expensive programs don't work.

My 19 Laramie has not had the Uconnect renewed and it has all the indicators yours shows except it works on all those channels and Pandora. I don't think Uconnect has any effect.

I do have the Wifi connected through ATT but mine worked the same even before I paid for wireless connectivity.

If you have all access you should have all the programming available from SiriusXM. Personally, I'd go to your account on the Sirius website and confirm what subscription you have. If it's all access you should request to speak to a supervisor and they can help. I've found Sirius to be quite cooperative lately.

AAR#2

Reaction score
First check to see if you have the all access program. Less expensive programs don't work.

My 19 Laramie has not had the Uconnect renewed and it has all the indicators yours shows except it works on all those channels and Pandora. I don't think Uconnect has any effect.

I do have the Wifi connected through ATT but mine worked the same even before I paid for wireless connectivity.

If you have all access you should have all the programming available from SiriusXM. Personally, I'd go to your account on the Sirius website and confirm what subscription you have. If it's all access you should request to speak to a supervisor and they can help. I've found Sirius to be quite cooperative lately.
Thanks for the ideas. I know I don’t have “all access” as since the trial ended there are stations that simply do not appear on the radio. This is one of the validations we did during One of the Sirius calls. That said all of the 700 series stations show on my radio and will work, just very poorly.

Users who are viewing this thread