5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP!!! Radio lock after install Pulsar.

cobrar97

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram Limited
I installed a Pulsar unit today, and when I started the truck, the 12" display asked for a RADIO LOCK CODE (4 digit number). Not knowing it, I entered 0000. It said incorrect and when into the normal screens I'm used to...BUT, I not cannot access any of the setting, control, etc. I can still use climate control, but that's it. All other menus are blank in the setting screens and control screen.
I removed the Pulsar, but when I started the truck, the same thing is present. AND, I don't know how to get the radio lock code entry screen to re-appear.
Has anyone experienced this or know what I need to do.
I was hoping for no issues with the Pulsar, and now I'm upset I tried it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bram2019

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram Limited
I installed a Pulsar unit today, and when I started the truck, the 12" display asked for a RADIO LOCK CODE (4 digit number). Not knowing it, I entered 0000. It said incorrect and when into the normal screens I'm used to...BUT, I not cannot access any of the setting, control, etc. I can still use climate control, but that's it. All other menus are blank in the setting screens and control screen.
I removed the Pulsar, but when I started the truck, the same thing is present. AND, I don't know how to get the radio lock code entry screen to re-appear.
Has anyone experienced this or know what I need to do.
I was hoping for no issues with the Pulsar, and now I'm upset I tried it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You can try pulling battery cable for 5 minutes or so. Or you can try to update the software via uconnect download. If that does not work you will need to go to dealer. He will need the vehicle vin and radio serial number to get the 4 digit code.

cobrar97

Reaction score
You can try pulling battery cable for 5 minutes or so. Or you can try to update the software via uconnect download. If that does not work you will need to go to dealer. He will need the vehicle vin and radio serial number to get the 4 digit code.

I would have thought that removing the Pulsar would have cleared the problem up. Let me try the battery disconnect for 5 min and see what happens.
How do I do the uconnect download?

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would have thought that removing the Pulsar would have cleared the problem up. Let me try the battery disconnect for 5 min and see what happens.
How do I do the uconnect download?

Just give it some time after reconnecting the battery before starting up. You should be fine.

cobrar97

Reaction score
Just give it some time after reconnecting the battery before starting up. You should be fine.

Any idea why the Pulsar caused this. Question is...how do I get the Pulsar installed without this "radio lock" thing? Does this mean I cannot have the Pulsar?
Or are you saying, put the Pulsar back on. Ensure the battery is disconnected for 5 min, reconnect...and they wait a period of time before starting the truck?

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any idea why the Pulsar caused this. Question is...how do I get the Pulsar installed without this "radio lock" thing? Does this mean I cannot have the Pulsar?
Or are you saying, put the Pulsar back on. Ensure the battery is disconnected for 5 min, reconnect...and they wait a period of time before starting the truck?

Exactly put it back on, just give it some time. if it still give you problems, then turn ignition back off. Open door. Make sure radio turned off and start back up

Users who are viewing this thread