5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help problem with towing

Dangz

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. So I got a 2019 ram 1500 Laramie (does not have the ITBM). Trying to tow my Forest River Surveyor. The trailer have a 7 pin connector. So when I connect the trailer to the truck, the trailer brakes are engaged. I can’t pull it of course. How do we disengage the trailer break. Please advise or a link of how to. Thank you

AndreiV

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. So I got a 2019 ram 1500 Laramie (does not have the ITBM). Trying to tow my Forest River Surveyor. The trailer have a 7 pin connector. So when I connect the trailer to the truck, the trailer brakes are engaged. I can’t pull it of course. How do we disengage the trailer break. Please advise or a link of how to. Thank you
Perhaps install OEM ITBM yourself, let dealer flash software, and hit the road.

sjd_boston

Reaction score
Just install and aftermarket brake controller. Several threads in here on the topic, It's plug and play with the right adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread