5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP PLZ WITH 6 in LIFT

Jacobp87

Reaction score
Pic for attention- I recently installed a 6 inch lift kit, and everything has been fine just a small annoying issue some of you may be able to help me with, my gas pedal has constant feedback from the motor almost feels like an exhaust leak, rest of truck is smooth, steering wheel doesn’t do it, has no shakes or shimmy’s on the highway, just constant feedback from the gas pedal, I’m kind of at a loss here, I’ve confirmed my driveshaft is at correct geometry, it is possible but unlikely that something wasn’t torqued down all the way during install, just curious where you guys think I should start as far as tightening bolts and checking for play? I’ve already went over the driveshaft and most of the front end, going to go through and tighten all the exhaust clamps and hangers tomorrow, anything else I should check? DDD0571B-1B5C-41C9-98ED-675F1F7D2AD0.jpeg

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am not sure what feedback you can get from the gas pedal. It's drive by wire so it doesn't connect to anything really except some tiny electric wires.

Jacobp87

Reaction score
I am not sure what feedback you can get from the gas pedal. It's drive by wire so it doesn't connect to anything really except some tiny electric wires.
I don’t really know either man I’m stumped, I can’t really feel it in the floorboard either or when revving like not moving

monza2t

Reaction score
Tiny vibration felt in gas pedal (via floorboard /firewall I'm assuming). Mine does that if in 4WD Auto but doesn't in strait 2WD mode

Users who are viewing this thread