5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help please, sick of trying to figure this out

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I don't do many mods, all I want to do is change my CHMSL lights from incandescent or halogen or whatever it is, to LED. Both the cargo light and the stop light. I know there is someone here that has successfully done this with no error codes, fit with no modifications, etc. Please point me to the lamps you purchased and any special install instructions. TIA.

ruderam2000

Reaction score
From what I have read so far, you likely need something like an OBD tool to clear out the error and make changes to the settings to recognize the LED light assembly properly. I would like to know if my understanding is incorrect. Someone with experience will likely chime in.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't do many mods, all I want to do is change my CHMSL lights from incandescent or halogen or whatever it is, to LED. Both the cargo light and the stop light. I know there is someone here that has successfully done this with no error codes, fit with no modifications, etc. Please point me to the lamps you purchased and any special install instructions. TIA.
Back in 2018, I swapped mine out (the three lights in that housing) with cheapo Amazon LEDs per recommendations from other members on this forum. 18 months later, I've had no errors or issues. See this post from June 2018.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Currently running the ones I posted for the last 7k miles without codes or anything negative.

Last edited:

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I ordered the Lasfit ones. I liked the red LEDs for the brake light. Thank you everyone for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread