5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP - Payload Limit code with Daystars & front Revel links

YgrEngr

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting a Payload Limit Exceeded (C15DA-00) when trying to use Off Road setting?

Background: 2019 Limited with ORG. Local mechanic installed the Daystars & front Revels. To my knowledge, he DID NOT lower it down to Entry/Exit and put it into Tire Jack Mode before starting all the work. Once installed, the truck started throwing codes and would not function properly. I was told they tried resetting it multiple times along with adjusting the links to see if that was the issue. The only way they got it to work was to clear out the factory air ride settings and re-input them.

So now I have the truck back and the ride is incredibly bouncy. No where near the "close to factory ride" like others who have installed the Daystar & Revel combo describe. Also, I cannot use the Off Road position or it will again go back into air-ride-limp-mode.

What I am surprised at is how high the entire truck now sits. I thought I was getting the front leveled up to the height of the rear. Now the rear of the truck is extremely high too. And it's the over inflated rear that is causing the rear to bounce all over on the highway.

Is this a case of a bad install? Has anyone else had trouble installing the Daystars & Revel links on ORP trucks?

So frustrated with the poor ride I am going to have them take it all back out...

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
did they add links to the front and the rear? It sounds like your revel links need to be adjusted to make the front and rear sit lower if you have adjustable on both of them.

YgrEngr

Reaction score
No, adjustable links just on the front for now. After doing some more research, sounds like I can do what you are saying - get adjustable rears and drop both the front and rear down to lessen the ride harshness.

YgrEngr

Reaction score
Update on what I am seeing in terms of measurements. This is what the measurements are after it came back from the shop. Again, this is on an ORG that has only spacers and front links.

Links measure (center to center) Driver: 1.950", Passenger: 1.875"

Is anyone seeing over 43" on the rear when in Normal mode? Now, these are with 285/65 R20 tires on, so figure those are adding 1.350" to every measurement vs. stock.

If I use longer "lowering" links in the rear, I assume I will need to drop at least 1" off the back to get it low enough to be able to use all 4 modes again. Right now I am driving around in Aero mode just to keep from bouncing all over the place.

Still wondering about the mechanic's comments about "wiping out all the settings for the air bags and manually putting them back in using the scan tool". He said it is the only way they could get it work after doing all the work but forgetting to put it into Tire Jack or Transport mode.

Entry/ ExitAeroNormal
Driver
38.000​
41.125​
41.625​
Passenger
39.000​
42.125​
42.625​
D. Rear
40.125​
42.625​
43.250​
P. Rear
40.625​
43.000​
43.625​

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Update on what I am seeing in terms of measurements. This is what the measurements are after it came back from the shop. Again, this is on an ORG that has only spacers and front links.

Links measure (center to center) Driver: 1.950", Passenger: 1.875"

Is anyone seeing over 43" on the rear when in Normal mode? Now, these are with 285/65 R20 tires on, so figure those are adding 1.350" to every measurement vs. stock.

If I use longer "lowering" links in the rear, I assume I will need to drop at least 1" off the back to get it low enough to be able to use all 4 modes again. Right now I am driving around in Aero mode just to keep from bouncing all over the place.

Still wondering about the mechanic's comments about "wiping out all the settings for the air bags and manually putting them back in using the scan tool". He said it is the only way they could get it work after doing all the work but forgetting to put it into Tire Jack or Transport mode.

Entry/ ExitAeroNormal
Driver
38.000​
41.125​
41.625​
Passenger
39.000​
42.125​
42.625​
D. Rear
40.125​
42.625​
43.250​
P. Rear
40.625​
43.000​
43.625​
I believe your truck is set much too high. My truck sits at about 40.5 in normal and that is with over 35” tires. My truck doesn’t get an error or get really bouncy unless I am in off road 2. I believe in normal your airbags are pretty much maxed out at those measurements.
That’s why you are getting the errors and that’s why it’s riding so bouncy.
They probably put the wrong base measurements in when they manually put them back in.

YgrEngr

Reaction score
I asked and was told they put back in the stock settings, but I would like to confirm this. Can we get to the readings using an aftermarket programmer/scan tool? I don't mind investing in one if I can see what is in the program for set points and maybe even real time feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread