5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help, mystery cable connector in back seat of quad cab

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
Had the truck 2 years and just noticed this. It’s cable connector under the rear seat on the passenger side of my quad cab. I have the stock stereo (6 speaker). Any idea what this is? Can I do something cool with it?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_8507.jpeg
    IMG_8507.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8508.jpeg
    IMG_8508.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 44

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm totally guessing but perhaps it's wiring to support the subwoofer that would be behind that seat you had that option. Maybe you have another unused connector near your amplifier.

Ready Go

Reaction score
That's the 'ol "what the h is this" connector that's designed to keep you occupied from thinking about the frequent glitchy software issues! 🤣
Crack open some beers instead..don't fall for their ploy!

FM45

Reaction score
It looks like the pass side rear heat/cooling connector, check the drivers side - there should be a black connector to confirm...

-=FM45=-
Pass rear heat.jpeg Drivers rear heat.jpeg

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, pretty sure that's where my heated seats plug on my crew.

FM45

Reaction score
@wacopolumbo ... kk.. you may have to peal back the rug and poke around, but it sure looks like your Ram is prewired... I've been wrong before :)

-=FM45=-

Last edited:

FM45

Reaction score
... If it is, I can let you know what you need ... there is some work to do, but very do-able..

-=FM45=-

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
... If it is, I can let you know what you need ... there is some work to do, but very do-able..

-=FM45=-
Thank you. I have an appointment Saturday to have a speaker replaced at the dealership. I wonder if they can confirm if it’s prewired for heat in the back?

Users who are viewing this thread