5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me with my wheel strategy

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I almost bought those same Vossens lol I love them but didn’t love the price and then logic came to me that maybe I shouldn’t spend so much and didn’t want to draw more attention to my work vehicle when parked at hotels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Thanks! I saw them on a few other trucks on here and was hooked on the style. But you’re right, I almost didn’t want to buy them bc of the price - at the same time, less people will have them especially in the 2 tone color it seems so I guess it’s a give & take.

As mentioned earlier, the Fuel Rebels look really good on Rams & easier on the wallet. I’ll try & post a link to the Ram gallery for custom offsets but you may need to re-enter the vehicle details in the top center: https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery?make=Ram&model=1500&sort=yno&year=2022
So when I googled that wheel, ironically a Rough Country Series 95 came up. But if I read correctly, it is a NEGATIVE 25 offset and will an extremely aggressive stance?

It appears that I'm attracted to the "Y style spoke" which ironically is what the stock 22s are. That wheel looked nice - perhaps the gloss - and price aggressive. Beyond not fitting, it was perfect less the chrome trim bolts or whatever they are called. I have a night edition, so I'd like all white.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I almost bought those same Vossens lol I love them but didn’t love the price and then logic came to me that maybe I shouldn’t spend so much and didn’t want to draw more attention to my work vehicle when parked at hotels.

Sounds like we have a similar work life & the hotels is definitely the main concern. Always parking where I can see it from the window like it will actually help. 😑 I have 2 types of lug nuts (1 locking) & thought about even adding the third set I have just laying around to make it more difficult/time consuming.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So when I googled that wheel, ironically a Rough Country Series 95 came up. But if I read correctly, it is a NEGATIVE 25 offset and will an extremely aggressive stance?

It appears that I'm attracted to the "Y style spoke" which ironically is what the stock 22s are. That wheel looked nice - perhaps the gloss - and price aggressive. Beyond not fitting, it was perfect less the chrome trim bolts or whatever they are called. I have a night edition, so I'd like all white.

You can definitely find a similar style for a good price & probably without the simulated bead lock look. Fuel brand has a few options in that style also.

As far as stance goes, I have -18 going from a +19 factory wheel & I thought it was going to be too much but it ended up looking great. -25 is almost 1”. Tiresize.com has the best option for typing your existing & future wheel specs & seeing all the visual & spec differences- definitely check that out.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
More then likely lol I could tell that you’re not working much locally to where you live based off a previous post about the mileage you typically rack up every year.

I plan on going with a set from them whenever my new wheels ever decide to show up. I have a set of Mcgards from my previous Mopars but I wanna give their product a try since they”ll be harder to remove with the hammer/socket trick.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
More then likely lol I could tell that you’re not working much locally to where you live based off a previous post about the mileage you typically rack up every year.

I plan on going with a set from them whenever my new wheels ever decide to show up. I have a set of Mcgards from my previous Mopars but I wanna give their product a try since they”ll be harder to remove with the hammer/socket trick.

Cool idea. I might have to look into a set.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never even felt the need to get anything better then Mcgards but with the ridiculous price of tires nowadays its a little more piece of mind.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I mainly just drive back and forth in MO, KS, & OK with the occasional one off somewhere else & inspect commercial flat roofs to approve warranties for a manufacturer - basically checking the contractors work & training them in the winter.

Good share! I have the Mcgard’s now also along with some spline locking lugs (forget the brand, starts with a B) & the Gorilla lugs are in the box still since I forgot to bring them with me when I had the tires added. 🤪

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Yeah, I mainly just drive back and forth in MO, KS, & OK with the occasional one off somewhere else & inspect commercial flat roofs to approve warranties for a manufacturer - basically checking the contractors work & training them in the winter.

Good share! I have the Mcgard’s now also along with some spline locking lugs (forget the brand, starts with a B) & the Gorilla lugs are in the box still since I forgot to bring them with me when I had the tires added. 🤪
Where in OK? I'm in OKC

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where in OK? I'm in OKC

I cover the entire state but I spent most of my time near Tulsa &/or OKC usually once a month. I normally stay in Norman when I go to OKC area. I know that I’m looking forward to some more Bad Daddy’s Burgers Jan 30th!

Svt40

Reaction score
I've found the easiest way to search is by wheel size. If you punch in your truck to most search engines all you will get is "trucky" wheels.

I was in the same boat as you. But I finally found some wheels I loved in the color I wanted by just searching images of the wheel style I wanted. The few sites that sold the wheels said they would not fit. But using an offest calculator you can see how it will fit.
PXL_20230113_221145370 (2).jpg

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've found the easiest way to search is by wheel size. If you punch in your truck to most search engines all you will get is "trucky" wheels.

I was in the same boat as you. But I finally found some wheels I loved in the color I wanted by just searching images of the wheel style I wanted. The few sites that sold the wheels said they would not fit. But using an offest calculator you can see how it will fit.
View attachment 149694

That’s an awesome combo, man! 👌🏽 Haven’t seen yours on here yet.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
The

View attachment 149694

View attachment 149694
these?

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 149694
I have that same wheel in black.

Attachments

• AF541100-732F-4041-AAC5-0826D0BA15DA.jpeg
    AF541100-732F-4041-AAC5-0826D0BA15DA.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 46

Svt40

Reaction score

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I also added the ram emblem to mine. Ordered on ebay
Running 22x10 wit 305/45R22. Have to tie back back fender insert . Minimum rubbing now gone on full left or right steering

Attachments

• 2398E2AA-3679-45E1-9A19-6B8CF4B96672.png
    2398E2AA-3679-45E1-9A19-6B8CF4B96672.png
    308.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Svt40

Reaction score
I also added the ram emblem to mine. Ordered on ebay
Running 22x10 wit 305/45R22. Have to tie back pla fender insert . Minimum rubbing now gone on full left or right steering
You can also use a heat gun to adjust the inner fender liner then a splash of cold water to lock in the new bend.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Or drill a hole in it and zip tie it back to the frame. Easiest solution I found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread