5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Me Solve This Puzzle Please!

Chipman

Reaction score
I own a 2019 Laramie 4x4 with stock suspension and have a 2” rake. I have put 26k miles on the factory 275/55r20’s. The time has come for me to make some changes and I hope some of you are willing to read this and possibly offer suggestions. No amount of searching has taken the uncertainty away which could save me a bunch of headaches. So here goes first with the goals for what I want/don’t want and am trying to ultimately achieve. First of all I want taller and wider tires. Second I would like to raise the front 1 inch together closer to level. Half or more of the 26k has been while trailering(trailer causes 3/4” drop) so I’d like to keep about 1 inch of rake. Third I don’t want A/T tires or the look of an Off Road truck. While I do travel some rocky, rough mountain roads occasionally an inch of front lift combined with taller tires will do everything I need. And last I would like to get the tires out closer to even with the fender flares(without spacers) which I believe could be achieved with wider tires if I could do it without rubbing. My thinking is I should put Bilstein adjustables on the front in position 2(1” lift)put on 295/65r20 Michelin Defender LTX all season tires(34”+ for additional 1” lift overall compared to my 55’s which are 32”)and call it a day. This would give me an extra 2” clearance up front and 1” in the rear and fill in the wheel wells which is the look I want. Like a hundred other posts on here the “will my front tires rub?question is front and center”. I don’t want to raise the truck any more than I have to and I prefer to leave the rear suspension stock. Is this whole idea reasonable?

Users who are viewing this thread