5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me fix shoddy dealer work

Adrianp89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had my manifolds replaced because they were cracked. Dealer returned me a truck with loose fender liners. Without diving into my opinion on that, I am just going to fix it my self. Can you guys help me identify which screws/clips I need?

The diagram shows a bunch of screws/pins but not sure which ones I need exactly.

The first two photos are the passenger side, the third photo is the drivers side.

Attachments

• IMG_3372.jpeg
    IMG_3372.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3371.jpeg
    IMG_3371.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3370.jpeg
    IMG_3370.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 38

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's been too long at this point. I'd also rather order $15 worth of screws and not risk letting them mess up something else.
Those are plastic push in retainers. Many refer to them as Xmas trees push ins, local parts store will have them, get the ones that have a head on them about the size of a quarter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240608_165327_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240608_165327_Chrome.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had my manifolds replaced because they were cracked. Dealer returned me a truck with loose fender liners. Without diving into my opinion on that, I am just going to fix it my self. Can you guys help me identify which screws/clips I need?

The diagram shows a bunch of screws/pins but not sure which ones I need exactly.

The first two photos are the passenger side, the third photo is the drivers side.
I had same issue with my truck after passenger side manifold replacement. I took decided to just fix it myself as it was less hassle than trying to take it back to dealer. Being a car guy, I had everything I needed in my garage

Vulpes

Reaction score
Dealers, geez!

For the fender liners:

For attachment to the sheetmetal such as the metal fender, these holes are about 3/6", try these screws:

SCREW. Hex Flange Head Tapping. M4.8 x 1.59 x 25.00, M4.8X1.59X25.00. Right or Left.

Part Number: 06510174AA
Supersession(s): 6510174AA

For the attachment of the liners to other plastic parts and for a couple interior points, these holes are about 5/16", try these push pins:

Push Pin - Mopar (6506293AA)

Also, Harbor Freight has a case of assorted automotive fasteners at a decent price if you don't want to wait on parts from the interwebs. Some folks replace these push pins with the GM style that flair-out as the GM style can be reused. These MOPAR ones tend to destroy themselves when they are removed.

For the plastic push pins, a couple of mine have been missing and I don't notice it at all, and the liners are still up in their original position.

Good luck!

Adjutant

Reaction score
Dealers, geez!

For the fender liners:

For attachment to the sheetmetal such as the metal fender, these holes are about 3/6", try these screws:

SCREW. Hex Flange Head Tapping. M4.8 x 1.59 x 25.00, M4.8X1.59X25.00. Right or Left.

Part Number: 06510174AA

Supersession(s): 6510174AA

For the attachment of the liners to other plastic parts and for a couple interior points, these holes are about 5/16", try these push pins:

Push Pin - Mopar (6506293AA)

Also, Harbor Freight has a case of assorted automotive fasteners at a decent price if you don't want to wait on parts from the interwebs. Some folks replace these push pins with the GM style that flair-out as the GM style can be reused. These MOPAR ones tend to destroy themselves when they are removed.

For the plastic push pins, a couple of mine have been missing and I don't notice it at all, and the liners are still up in their original position.

Good luck!
Thats why I love this forum! You were able to provide part numbers, and info on some fairly odd stuff that people rarely talk about. This place is a great resource!

Users who are viewing this thread