5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me find my truck

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
New guy here, please be kind!

I've always had a truck as an "extra" vehicle, but it will now become my daily driver with some work changes. I don't anticipate a ton of miles, but I will certainly use it. Current truck is an 01 F250 7.3 that I bought in 2005, and I no longer need the towing capacity.

Ram seems to be the vehicle of choice, and I want it pretty well equipped. I found this guy local last night, but couldn't come to terms:

If I buy this one, what all do I lose? It think it will be the auto running boards, the metallic paint, multi function tail gate, and air suspension. Believe I gain the etorque and sport appearance package.

Pros? Cons? Other options?

Laramie6x6

Reaction score
$51000 on the first one seems a great price? EMployee pricing expires Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . The Limited also has upgraded leather I believe .

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think both are great options. If the dealer is open today...go now and let them go back and forth on pricing. Let each one know that you are interested in another truck at the other dealer.

As far as pricing is concern, whatever the online pricing is ( that always includes every discount known to man) there number to aim. That would force their hand on pricing with the other dealer.

Its a 2020 so they can make that low internet price.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Quite a bit of difference between a Limited and a Laramie. Some are subtle, others are less than subtle. Check out the window stickers for each one to get a better idea of the differences. But basically, the Laramie is a mid-level model and the Limited is the top model. It could even come down to the fact that, on the two options you provided links for, one has chrome and one does not. That alone would make me lean towards the Laramie, but I really don't like chrome.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
How about this one? I think I lose the tailgate and brake controller? Also do not get the nicer looking grill that I get on the Laramie, along with the hybrid motor.

I really need to be closer to 45. Any other configurations I should consider then? Four-door, four-wheel-drive, adaptive cruise, leather, and Apple CarPlay are what come to mind as must haves.

thanks to everyone for their warm welcome. I am no stranger to forums, would normally do a little more searching through the threads but do know that expiring soon.

off the cuff, I believe a 2021 is about 53k with all offers. Not quite the discount that I’d expect for last years model, but then again these are different times.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The price on the first one seems pretty good. If that has the options you want, buy it.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Quite a bit of difference between a Limited and a Laramie. Some are subtle, others are less than subtle. Check out the window stickers for each one to get a better idea of the differences. But basically, the Laramie is a mid-level model and the Limited is the top model. It could even come down to the fact that, on the two options you provided links for, one has chrome and one does not. That alone would make me lean towards the Laramie, but I really don't like chrome.

I agree, the Laramie looks much better cosmetically. Just seems like you are giving up some nice features for only a few thousand dollars. What does it take to get a body colored molding and grill?

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you need to be at $45k, you are looking at a Laramie with MSRP of around $56k to $57k.

Keezer

Reaction score
Both the limited's you reference look like no eTorque and 3.21 gear. Not bad for no towing.
First one does look like a very good deal.

Laramie referenced is eTorque (actually less on the sticker).

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's a few options at Mark Dodge. They have Laramies and Limiteds at up to $17k off. The price shown is the price you pay. They did not add all possible rebates to their price, so you may get better if you're eligible.

19 North

Reaction score
Unless you’re looking for a specific year search CarGurus and autotrader for older units that haven’t sold. I just bought a 19 ram 1500.
The sticker was $54k and got it for $41k.

broken_vet

Reaction score
I have to agree with the others who say they'd go with the first one. IMHO, it's optioned almost perfectly, unless your dead set on the etorque. Definitely take the interior color into consideration, cause you'll be looking at it a lot. I personally like the indigo/frost but I ended up with black. Many of the people on this forum who have the MFT, say that it's their favorite option.

I don't know if the $1500 coupon is still popping up on the Ram trucks site, but here's a link to a thread on it.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Deals are deceptive to a point. Especially this required protection package garbage that they won't move on:

I get 1K off for having a Ford, but they add $2500 MANDATORY for their protection package.

Probably also getting the 1K off, but a 1470 security package and a 399 BS fee. Total price -$53,212.

I'm out. I don't need a truck for a few more months. If there are other rebates beyond the 1K for having a Ford that I'm missing, please let me know.

Thanks for all of the help.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Seems high to me when they add on their fees.

Attachments

• F1D42D1F-3EEE-4376-9F3C-72D0A86B6C4F.jpeg
    F1D42D1F-3EEE-4376-9F3C-72D0A86B6C4F.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread