5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me decide, Big Horn Night Edition or Laramie Sport

Should I get a Big Horn Night Edition or Laramie Sport Edition

• Total voters

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking at 2025 trucks and trying to decide between the Big Horn Night edition or Laramie sport. The Laramie is only 2-3K higher no sunroof which I prefer, the night edition has a sunroof. I prefer the blacked emblems on the night edition especially with the big RAM on the tailgate now. The wheels I could go either way, I used to not like all black wheels but these look decent with the night package.

Big Horn Night
View attachment 182732

Laramie sport
View attachment 182737

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Bighorn looks better. I’m not a big fan of those new 2025 rims on the Laramie.

Biggest difference will be the interior. Laramie will be so much nicer than a base Bighorn with cloth buckets.

It’s all personal preference.

Last edited:

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Between those two, I would pick the Laramie. If it's $2-$3K higher without sunroof or expensive night edition package then it likely has many many more features that you may find valuable and it will retain a much higher resell value. I think it looks nicer and will have a much nicer interior.

The night edition really provides nothing but $2500 of cosmetic changes that I think just make the truck look cheaper, regardless of model. The Sport appearance package is also nothing but cosmetic options but at least it's $1000 cheaper.

My brother-in-law has the Laramie sport and wishes he had not gotten the sport package just because of the location of the grills and badges on top of his hood. He always notices them from the drivers seat and prefers the clear painted view across the hood in my truck.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Looking at 2025 trucks and trying to decide between the Big Horn Night edition or Laramie sport. The Laramie is only 2-3K higher no sunroof which I prefer, the night edition has a sunroof. I prefer the blacked emblems on the night edition especially with the big RAM on the tailgate now. The wheels I could go either way, I used to not like all black wheels but these look decent with the night package.

Big Horn Night
View attachment 182732

Laramie sport
View attachment 182737
I would go with the Laramie. you get more bang for your buck with that model especially if it has the leather interior.
my dealer has one just like this one I looked at over the weekend and it was really nice.
not limited nice but very nice.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Laramie

Your gonna mod it anyways so what the night edition includes can always be added and customized to suit the Laramie. Without seeing the attachments… its gonna be harder and more pricer to upgrade the BH interior to get it what the Laramie trim usually includes.

edehosse

Reaction score
Laramie all the way.

Every mod I've done to my BH was to basically turn it into a Laramie. Would have saved a lot of blood, sweat, and $$ to get one from the start... (y)

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
add me to the old list, the older I get the less I want to tear into these things modding them myself. i used to do it all myself
Agree, but here I am, will be doing a lift and few other things soon because labor prices are crazy high!!

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Agree, but here I am, will be doing a lift and few other things soon because labor prices are crazy high!!
I hear ya on that, I have never had a Ram before let alone air suspension so I will probably let dealer install the front level. will probably use revel links and daystars spacers. that seems to be the best all-around level kit for the limited with Air sus. from what I have read here. I cannot stand Rake on a 4x4 I'm old school and they are supposed to be level front to back. lol

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hear ya on that, I have never had a Ram before let alone air suspension so I will probably let dealer install the front level. will probably use revel links and daystars spacers. that seems to be the best all-around level kit for the limited with Air sus. from what I have read here. I cannot stand Rake on a 4x4 I'm old school and they are supposed to be level front to back. lol
Yeah I've seen good reviews for the Revel kit and would go same way. I like a slight rake, but not factory rake. I don't tow or haul either to need it.

Anchor Down

Reaction score
My Laramie is pure luxury inside, however, I didn't know I drove it home with a 26 gallon gas tank. The bed is 5'7 too which could cramp your style. Getting 21 mpg on my 2020.

rick619

Reaction score
The attachments aren't loading. I voted Laramie. If it's in your price range, then seems like a no brainer to me. I do like the night edition though.

When I bought my '23 BH about 1.5 months ago, I was looking for only for Sport or Night edition. Ended up getting a Sport because it had the items I wanted (tow package). I do agree on the wheels though, not a fan of the 22". Those can easily be replaced though. I'm sure someone would be willing to do a trade for them. Or go aftermarket.

I'm indifferent regarding the sun roof. I wouldn't mind having it, but wouldn't really pay more for it + would be worried about it leaking. I was considering a BH with sun roof, but they ruined it by adding $4K in lame add ons.

Users who are viewing this thread