5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Leveling kit 2019 Laramie

JETSET75

Reaction score
Need help with getting a good leveling kit. Thoughts on getting this readylift #66-1922 2” front lift for my 2019?? Anyone with experience on this specific one?

Attachments

• AC5E97CF-28CD-481D-AB38-6C0068FAAF65.png
    AC5E97CF-28CD-481D-AB38-6C0068FAAF65.png
    304.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DFE0AD21-7C07-46BF-80F6-8A51C6B1B43D.jpeg
    DFE0AD21-7C07-46BF-80F6-8A51C6B1B43D.jpeg
    274.9 KB · Views: 37

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Search result

Nels

Reaction score
I have this kit, but without the uca's. They're still stock. This is what the dealer installed when I requested a 2" level when I purchased the truck 6 months ago. I've learned a lot since then by reading this site. Most say the factory uca's will work fine at 2" maximum lift. Anything more than that creates stepper angles and stress, requiring a different uca.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don’t have a level yet, but don’t get the one which requires a spring compressor. It will hurt the ride quality

JETSET75

Reaction score
I have this kit, but without the uca's. They're still stock. This is what the dealer installed when I requested a 2" level when I purchased the truck 6 months ago. I've learned a lot since then by reading this site. Most say the factory uca's will work fine at 2" maximum lift. Anything more than that creates stepper angles and stress, requiring a different uca.
So this is recommend by the dealer if they put it on? Would you have done anything different now that you been reading this site? A different brand?

Nels

Reaction score
So this is recommend by the dealer if they put it on? Would you have done anything different now that you been reading this site? A different brand?

Before reading on this forum I didn't know anything about lifts and levels. Just knew I wanted to take out the rake. The Readylift is what the dealer chose. We didn't have any discussion of options.
After reading this site, I would definitely be checking into the Bilstein adjustable shocks as an alternative.
As far as ride quality, I only had it for a week before the level was installed, so not a lot to compare to. The only thing I can say is I feel like the truck may have some additional side to side lean on turns that it maybe didn't have at stock height. Don't know if that would be any different with the Bilsteins. To me that's just physics and makes sense when the center of gravity is raised.

Jammer 183

Reaction score
I had bilsteins in my 13 ram. loved them! truck drove and handled great. Looking to get the rake out of my new 2021 1500 sport. But I can’t find any 5100 bilsteins, I guess there on back order and I can’t get a answer to when there going to be in.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Before reading on this forum I didn't know anything about lifts and levels. Just knew I wanted to take out the rake. The Readylift is what the dealer chose. We didn't have any discussion of options.
After reading this site, I would definitely be checking into the Bilstein adjustable shocks as an alternative.
As far as ride quality, I only had it for a week before the level was installed, so not a lot to compare to. The only thing I can say is I feel like the truck may have some additional side to side lean on turns that it maybe didn't have at stock height. Don't know if that would be any different with the Bilsteins. To me that's just physics and makes sense when the center of gravity is raised.
The body roll is because you lifted it, not from the spacers. You'd have that with Bilsteins too. If you want to get rid of that a Hellwig rear sway bar will tighten the body roll up.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got Motofab 2" spacers for $65, installed myself. You can get the OEM UCA's that come with the MOPAR 2" kit for around $100 I think. Their part numbers are all over the forum.

Nels

Reaction score
The body roll is because you lifted it, not from the spacers. You'd have that with Bilsteins too. If you want to get rid of that a Hellwig rear sway bar will tighten the body roll up.
Ya that's my thought too. I've been thinking about the hellwig. Sounds like You're saying that even though the body roll is caused by rasing the center of gravity in the front, adding the hellwig in the rear will help with the body roll?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ya that's my thought too. I've been thinking about the hellwig. Sounds like You're saying that even though the body roll is caused by rasing the center of gravity in the front, adding the hellwig in the rear will help with the body roll?
It won't completely eliminate it, but it'll reduce it because it anchors the body to the frame better. Just look up Hellwig on here, and you'll see people talking about it. I personally don't have it, but I've been driving lifted trucks for so long that I'm used to the roll.

Users who are viewing this thread