5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Key fob not working and Ram not responding

805bruin

Reaction score
Really odd… I have a 2019 Ram 1500 limited. This morning the car wouldn’t respond to any button presses from the key fob (lock, unlock, remote start, alarm, etc all wouldn’t do anything). Unfortunately we don’t have a 2nd keyfob since we lost it couple months back.

A couple of other observations:
- Car also won’t lock, unlock, start using mopar.com or the Ram app using the guardian/uconnect stuff. The app says request went through but the car didn’t do anything.
- I was able to get in the car using the manual key but interestingly when i unlocked the car and opened the door the alarm started to go off. It eventually turned off though - not sure how.
- when I’m in the car the screen actually gives me the “hold brake and push button to start” message. But when I do that nothing happens. Also, it gives me that message even if I don’t have the keyfob nowhere near the car. Usually when I don’t have the keyfob in the car it tells me the keyfob isn’t detected or something like that.

Any ideas on trying to resolve before I get the car towed to the dealer? So far I’ve replaced the batter on the keyfob and that didn’t do anything. I also unplugged the negative terminal on the battery for 20 mins and reconnected and that didn’t do anything (my hope is it would reset some electrical system or program or something).

Thanks!

Dontra

Reaction score
Check the rear window for leaks, see if the rear floor is wet. This happen to mine and it was the RF module

805bruin

Reaction score
Check the rear window for leaks, see if the rear floor is wet. This happen to mine and it was the RF module
A week or so ago we did notice that the headliner was wet after we had some strong rains. It was right above the rear window in the rear seats.

Where is the RF module?

Users who are viewing this thread