5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help identify these front bumper parts?

Mac

Reaction score
I recently had my front bumper off in an attempt to fix a small dent. When I had the bumper off, I noticed the top portion of the lower grill (the black strip where the two inner parking sensors are located) is secured to the bumper with several bolts / nuts. Almost half of mine were missing. I've checked a few online parts dealers and looked at the front bumper parts schematic to see if I could order more of them. I was unable to identify any parts that looked remotely close to these. I even sent a message to one dealer and asked if the lower grill came with them. I was told it does not. Can anybody on here help identify these parts or provide any information as to how I can get anymore?

Thank you,

Robert.

Attachments

• IMG_1681.jpg
    IMG_1681.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1680.jpg
    IMG_1680.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 22

Mac

Reaction score
i went through the same thing today when i added tow hooks to my truck i was missing one, see the attached link i believe the stud is part 40 in the picture and the nut is part 45.

Stud part number :

68353367AA​

Nut part number:
6512180AA

Hope that helps!!

It helps alot! Thank you. I think the stud is correct. Not sure about the nut though, although I don't see any other nut listed that appears to be similar. However the stud is listed as M5 and the nut M6. Wouldn't that indicate two different sizes? I suppose it would only cost me a few bucks to order them to confirm.

Bruins5515

Reaction score
It helps alot! Thank you. I think the stud is correct. Not sure about the nut though, although I don't see any other nut listed that appears to be similar. However the stud is listed as M5 and the nut M6. Wouldn't that indicate two different sizes? I suppose it would only cost me a few bucks to order them to confirm.

You are right didn’t even notice that when i was looking at them could be this one here but doesn’t have size listed, sorry about that !!

Nut:

Let me know if that looks right, if not a standard m5 from the hardware store should work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac

Reaction score
You are right didn’t even notice that when i was looking at them could be this one here but doesn’t have size listed, sorry about that !!

Nut:

Let me know if that looks right, if not a standard m5 from the hardware store should work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, that's the only other one I saw. Interesting they don't list a size for that one and it's shown with 4 of them? I think you're correct in that I may have to pick some up from a hardware store. That's ok as the stud is the part I wouldn't be able to find anywhere else. Thanks again for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread