5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help. How to fix the AC going lower everytime a text is read or engage the phone

DCB

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just picked up a 2019 RAM 2500 Limited and I cannot identify how to stop the blower level from dropping everytime the system dictates a text or I engage the phone /NAV via speaking to the system. How do i stop this? I have spent much time in settings and surfing the web but no luck.

Thanks

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The blower lowers so that the microphones don't pick up the noise, and so that you can hear the dictated text easier. There's nothing to be done about it, it's programmed in.

DCB

Reaction score
The blower lowers so that the microphones don't pick up the noise, and so that you can hear the dictated text easier. There's nothing to be done about it, it's programmed in.

Thanks for the input. That is retarded in my opinion. I was in Phoenix today in 106 degree heat and I was getting a lot of texts which kept the AC low for like 10 minutes making it uncomfortable in the truck. The AC sucks to begin with don't need it lowering everytime I want to make a call or get a text.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. That is retarded in my opinion. I was in Phoenix today in 106 degree heat and I was getting a lot of texts which kept the AC low for like 10 minutes making it uncomfortable in the truck. The AC sucks to begin with don't need it lowering everytime I want to make a call or get a text.

I never noticed mine lowering for texts, (but I'm sure it does), but the real worry is, why is your fan speed so high after ten (or more) minutes of driving? Is the fan speed manually set or on auto?

Fidomac

Reaction score
There is a TSB for the AC on the fifteen hundreds I don't know if it applies to your truck

rrbhokies

Reaction score
I never noticed mine lowering for texts, (but I'm sure it does), but the real worry is, why is your fan speed so high after ten (or more) minutes of driving? Is the fan speed manually set or on auto?
Have you not read the many posts about how much the A/C sucks!! I have to keep my temp set at LO and the fan running full speed with Max Air on a hot day, and I could be driving for 45 minutes, and the temps in the truck will never cool down. Hell, the only time I turn down my fan from max if when I get sick and tired of the freakin' warm air blowing on me! Anyone look into adding misters to their vents? o_O

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you not read the many posts about how much the A/C sucks!! I have to keep my temp set at LO and the fan running full speed with Max Air on a hot day, and I could be driving for 45 minutes, and the temps in the truck will never cool down. Hell, the only time I turn down my fan from max if when I get sick and tired of the freakin' warm air blowing on me! Anyone look into adding misters to their vents? o_O

I have read and conversed in the many A/C threads. Mine is operating according to FCA's A/C Performance Test Specifications, when properly following the procedure. Is it the coldest A/C I've ever felt? No. But do I live in Florida where the heat index is regularly over 100 degrees? Yes. Do I leave my HVAC controls on Auto set to 72 degrees all day every day? Yes again, and the truck cools to that temp and the fans run on low speed within ten minutes of driving, even on the hotter days.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
I have read and conversed in the many A/C threads. Mine is operating according to FCA's A/C Performance Test Specifications, when properly following the procedure. Is it the coldest A/C I've ever felt? No. But do I live in Florida where the heat index is regularly over 100 degrees? Yes. Do I leave my HVAC controls on Auto set to 72 degrees all day every day? Yes again, and the truck cools to that temp and the fans run on low speed within ten minutes of driving, even on the hotter days.
I believe you are one of the fortunate ones then. Many of us are not that fortunate.

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Try “auto” it blows colder air than “max ac” in my truck. Confusing, I know.

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
Is this the same for the 2019 Limited 1500 DT since new my truck has never lower the air cond blower speed when i receive or make a call . try to locate this in the owner manual but could not find it

BigHerm611

Reaction score
Is this the same for the 2019 Limited 1500 DT since new my truck has never lower the air cond blower speed when i receive or make a call . try to locate this in the owner manual but could not find it

My 2020 limited 1500 doesn’t do it either. I can’t remember if it did it before I took it in for all the AC work. But it definitely doesn’t do it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread