5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help...grinding/rubbing noise

Golfzilla184

Reaction score
hey everyone i was just wondering is anyone has experienced any grinding/rubbing noise when they are making a turn with wheel cut to the max. It also happens when im backing up and K turns. At first i thought my front wheel was rubbing against the wheel well shroud but i dont see any visible rub marks. Another thought i has was maybe it could be an alignment problem.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your LCA's are contacting the knuckle at full lock. It's meant to do that, and you're hearing/feeling metal on metal grinding.

1643044924414.png

oaviking06

Reaction score
There has been a reported problem with a grinding noise when turning at slow speeds, mainly when turning right. There is a TSB that is out which seems to have solved this issue. Post # 238 (about page 12) in the linked thread below, has the TSB attached. I printed the TSB and took it to the dealer. All they do is flash the Power Steering Module and many people say its fixed. I believe it fixed it for me as well. If you do not take the TSB with you to the dealer, they will not know what you are talking about and probably tell you they can not replicate the problem. So just print it out, take it with you and tell them to do the TSB..

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/grinding-noise-when-turning-to-the-right.18556/page-12

I2R

Reaction score
mine had a failed differential, clutches ect. Dodge fixed it warranty

Users who are viewing this thread