5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help getting silver rails?

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got a '21 Limited with RamBoxes, MFT, and the factory trifold cover. Which means it has the black bed rails.

I want to order the silver rails (DTRAILKIT), so I can install a better cover.

But, I have tried at least 4 different websites that sell MOPAR parts. Every one of them must use the same back end.

Every one of them lets me put the bed rail kit in my cart, but then will not present me any options for shipping. And, they won't let me proceed further in the checkout process because they give an error that I have to choose my shipping first.

If I increase the quantity to 2 of the kits, then it shows me a shipping choice of "Freight" for $325. But, as soon as I change the quantity back to 1 and update my cart, it goes back to no options for shipping.

I even tried adding some floor mats to my cart. Still no option for shipping - until I increase the qty on the rail kit to 2.

I tried going into Incognito Mode in my browser, thinking some cookies or something might be causing a problem, but that did not change the behavior. None of these sites will let me order just 1 set of the bed rails.

I was researching tonneau covers here the other day and saw a post from one of the vendors (I think), responding to someone else that needed the same kit I do. They posted a link and I think they even said the rails would have free shipping. Fingers crossed that same vendor will see this and help me out...

Or if any of you know where I can actually order these, I'd appreciate a link!

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or if any of you are not TOO far from Lexington, SC, and want a free factory trifold cover, I'd be happy to trade my whole setup for just a set of the silver rails...

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That is a fake part number.
It seems some resellers online are combining both sides and putting DTRAIL as the part number except none of them will really ship it.

These are the correct part numbers
68027048AD
68027049AD

I was able to get them for $324.80.
$345.10 after tax.

Contact a local dealership and see if they have any instock.
Generally the rails are back ordered several months so finding a place nearby is the best bet. I had 1 dealership in 75 miles with a pair in stock, oddly it was a Jeep dealership go figure lol.
Note: if you don't have a bed extender make sure you tie them down tight, the 2 boxes are pretty flat but extend to the middle of the tailgate with it down.

The dealerships have wiggle room on pricing, they only had 1 pair in stock and they wanted $420 for both and I was like, that's too expensive, and instantly hes like well we can do $324.80 for each :)

I believe @Accessory.Parts can source these also, not sure on his pricing or availability.

Make sure you buy a weatherstripping from Home Depot or Lowe's for the install. The black rails has a weather strip build into the back, silver does not. 1 inch expanding foam worked good for me, my cover leaks but that's not the silver rails fault it's the TWO rails that mount on top of the Silver rail.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is a fake part number.
It seems some resellers online are combining both sides and putting DTRAIL as the part number except none of them will really ship it.

These are the correct part numbers
68027048AD
68027049AD

I was able to get them for $324.80.
$345.10 after tax.

Contact a local dealership and see if they have any instock.
Generally the rails are back ordered several months so finding a place nearby is the best bet. I had 1 dealership in 75 miles with a pair in stock, oddly it was a Jeep dealership go figure lol.
Note: if you don't have a bed extender make sure you tie them down tight, the 2 boxes are pretty flat but extend to the middle of the tailgate with it down.

The dealerships have wiggle room on pricing, they only had 1 pair in stock and they wanted $420 for both and I was like, that's too expensive, and instantly hes like well we can do $324.80 for each :)

I believe @Accessory.Parts can source these also, not sure on his pricing or availability.

Make sure you buy a weatherstripping from Home Depot or Lowe's for the install. The black rails has a weather strip build into the back, silver does not. 1 inch expanding foam worked good for me, my cover leaks but that's not the silver rails fault it's the TWO rails that mount on top of the Silver rail.

But, all the places I found it online, the price for the kit (both rails) was $280 - 285. And I could add the kit to my cart. $280 sounds a lot better to me than $325. :D

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
But, all the places I found it online, the price for the kit (both rails) was $280 - 285. And I could add the kit to my cart. $280 sounds a lot better to me than $325. :D
Yeah, and those places charge $350 shipping. Even if you just order floor mats...
I know because I tried the same thing they are all scam websites. Even if you place the order it will never ship.
Buying Mopar parts online is a complete joke, I couldn't even get floor mats OR mudflaps I had to cancel orders from 2 different websites\companies as they never shipped after a month.

The accessory parts guy can get almost anything OEM it seems right from Mopar, and for other stuff there's a guy from Realtruck on here that gives us baller discounts. I got a very nice pair of husky floor mats for $105 when it was $245 on Amazon and on Husky's website.

You can keep trying to order them online and I hope it works out but my experience showed otherwise.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To close this out...

I could order them from Mopar.com for $210 each.

Local dealers either didn't have them or wanted $210 each for them.

I found them new on eBay for $186 each, with free shipping, plus tax, so I ordered them from there. It would have been nice to pay less, but it is time for me to move on. This Mopar trifold cover absolutely sucks!

Users who are viewing this thread