5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Finding a Tonneau Cover

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m hoping someone can help me find a list of options for a bed cover that checks all my boxes.

I’m looking for a Hard folding cover that’s lockable, can fold open by the cab, as well as by the tailgate. (for 6’ 4” bed)
So far the only two I’ve found that cover those is the Extang Encore and Diamondback SE/HD. Reason I need it to fold open is because I’ve got a toolbox/ fuel transfer tank in the bed now (see photos), it sits lower than the bed rails but just a little.
I think most hard folding covers will clear the fuel pump but the main thing is I’d like to be able to access the toolbox and tank without opening the entire bed cover like a normal trifold hard cover would require
Are there any other options?? The encore seems to have quality issues and while I prefer the diamondbacks they cost an arm and a leg!

Attachments

• 43CDA2CE-CBDD-4E5B-B1B4-54430D0D186E.jpeg
    43CDA2CE-CBDD-4E5B-B1B4-54430D0D186E.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 36

stevept

Reaction score
I’m hoping someone can help me find a list of options for a bed cover that checks all my boxes.

I’m looking for a Hard folding cover that’s lockable, can fold open by the cab, as well as by the tailgate. (for 6’ 4” bed)
So far the only two I’ve found that cover those is the Extang Encore and Diamondback SE/HD. Reason I need it to fold open is because I’ve got a toolbox/ fuel transfer tank in the bed now (see photos), it sits lower than the bed rails but just a little.
I think most hard folding covers will clear the fuel pump but the main thing is I’d like to be able to access the toolbox and tank without opening the entire bed cover like a normal trifold hard cover would require
Are there any other options?? The encore seems to have quality issues and while I prefer the diamondbacks they cost an arm and a leg!
I love the BAK Revolver X2 Tonneau rolling cover. It can easily be pushed back at any length. On the road at low and high speeds it will not flutter, vibrate and move at all. It locks and easy to open and close. Hope this helps

Alexxmackk

Reaction score
Do you guys know if tonneau cover clamps are universal? I bought a cover unfortunately it’s missing 3 clamps and one corner brace. Is there an alternative to the clamps or must they be application specific? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score

or

or

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love the BAK Revolver X2 Tonneau rolling cover. It can easily be pushed back at any length. On the road at low and high speeds it will not flutter, vibrate and move at all. It locks and easy to open and close. Hope this helps

That looks like a nice cover, my only concern is how far does it stick into the bed? Looks like it might make it difficult to open to toolbox lid with the cover fully rolled up

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score

or

or

I think I’m probably going to end up going with the SE if I can’t find anything less expensive that checks all the boxes. Thanks!

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you guys know if tonneau cover clamps are universal? I bought a cover unfortunately it’s missing 3 clamps and one corner brace. Is there an alternative to the clamps or must they be application specific? Thanks in advance

What make/model bed cover is it? You might be able to look it up and find extra clamps

Alexxmackk

Reaction score
What make/model bed cover is it? You might be able to look it up and find extra clamps

19-21 dodge ram 1500 5’7” bed - leer rollitup 4r298 I looked to see if anyone sold replacement parts and nothing. Im also missing a front corner brace

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
19-21 dodge ram 1500 5’7” bed - leer rollitup 4r298 I looked to see if anyone sold replacement parts and nothing. Im also missing a front corner brace

Yeah that doesn’t sound like a common bed cover

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyways if anyone else has tonneau ideas, I really like the Diamondback SE, or if anyone with an Extang Encore wants to chime in with their impressions that’d be great!

Cajun_

Reaction score
Never seen that one before thanks!
I like that one but yikes that a hefty price!
It's pricy because it's alot higher quality than it's competitor the diamondback. Better rail system as well. I think it looks better too. If you don't care about that kind of thing then don't bother the diamondback is good enough. I did look and notice their prices are a few hundred more than normal as well.

Users who are viewing this thread