5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help - Falken Wildpeak Measured diameter

KiloFive

Reaction score
Hi Folks - Need your help.

I want to up change from my OEM 22" wheels & tires to 20" wheels with Wildpeak A/T3Ws - 275/60r20. Critically, I have underground parking and my clearance is... tight.

The current tires are 285/45r22 - on paper these are 32", but measured at 31" diameter.

Can anyone with Wildpeak A/T3W tires in 275/60r20 measure the actual diameter of their tires on rims? On paper these are 33", but I'm curious if that's correct to "real life". I can likely spare a 1/2" rise in truck height, but an inch may result in some ceiling contact...

Thanks in advance!

AEEF2159-7A70-45B9-BF32-7BEB570BB751.JPEG

theblakester

Reaction score
I know this doesn’t directly answer your question, but in case it helps...
I have the Falken Wildpeak A/T3wa
275/55/r20 113T tires, and I just measured them at about a **** hair over 31” and they claim to be 31.9”. They have less than 2000 miles on them FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KiloFive

Reaction score
I know this doesn’t directly answer your question, but in case it helps...
I have the Falken Wildpeak A/T3wa
275/55/r20 113T tires, and I just measured them at about a **** hair over 31” and they claim to be 31.9”. They have less than 2000 miles on them FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is interesting! Thanks for that. Now I wonder if all tires consistently measure ~1” smaller than spec.

I get that tires will compress under weight of the vehicle, though I measured from ground to the top of the tire AND horizontally across the tire and got the same result. 🤷‍♂️

theblakester

Reaction score
That is interesting! Thanks for that. Now I wonder if all tires consistently measure ~1” smaller than spec.

I get that tires will compress under weight of the vehicle, though I measured from ground to the top of the tire AND horizontally across the tire and got the same result. 🤷‍♂️
FWIW, I measured from ground to top of tire on one front tire and one back tire and got the same results within .96447 of a **** hair

river rat

Reaction score
Tires size is measured prior to load. Lots of things influence the actual measurements when said and done. kinda like a steak is sold by the weight prior to being cooked

Users who are viewing this thread