5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help deciding on exhaust

agordon1337

Reaction score
Need help deciding between AWE 0FG or Carven Competition exhaust. Good, bad and ugly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I have the carven r muffler with resonators deleted but I don’t have experience with the AWE system. I love the carven. If you don’t mind something that is pretty dang loud and aggressive outside and moderate sound level inside then there’s absolutely no downsides to it in my opinion. It’s loud but I really don’t feel like there’s necessarily any “drone” with it. And frankly it’s the best sounding exhaust out there. Nothing delivers those crackles and pops while still being deep and not raspy like the carven!

MattGalmish

Reaction score
I have the carven r muffler with resonators deleted but I don’t have experience with the AWE system. I love the carven. If you don’t mind something that is pretty dang loud and aggressive outside and moderate sound level inside then there’s absolutely no downsides to it in my opinion. It’s loud but I really don’t feel like there’s necessarily any “drone” with it. And frankly it’s the best sounding exhaust out there. Nothing delivers those crackles and pops while still being deep and not raspy like the carven!

AGREED 100%!! I Just installed mine last weekend!
5534034c42dfe686911c87ce057ed416.jpg

018789553f636416e7f9edb830a1ec4d.jpg

Cajun_

Reaction score
Decided on the awe because of the quieter cold start. Carven was on my short list and has the best burble in my opinion.

agordon1337

Reaction score
Decided on the awe because of the quieter cold start. Carven was on my short list and has the best burble in my opinion.

This was exactly what I wanted to hear I didn't want my neighbors to hate me but I really like the Carvens soubd.... How comparable is the AWE sound wise ?

Cajun_

Reaction score
This was exactly what I wanted to hear I didn't want my neighbors to hate me but I really like the Carvens soubd.... How comparable is the AWE sound wise ?

its not loud on start or when below 2.5k rpm. anything above it and its about as loud as my buddies borla atak but more raspy and not as low pitch. These sound the closest to real life along with the awe official videos.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

I’ll be honest, I live in a very tight townhome neighborhood and when I cold start it it’s LOUD but I’ve never had anyone say anything haha. It’s actually loud enough to where I turn it off if I’m idling out front of my house for more than like 30 seconds because that low V8 rumble sounds like a subwoofer from inside the house. I really feel like daily driving isn’t too crazy though. I wouldn’t tow with it though. I’m going to put on a J Pipe next month. Not because it “drones” but just because if I could quiet it down in the 1500-2000rpm range it’ll make driving it even more enjoyable since that’s just cruising rpms

Nova90

Reaction score
Been going crazy listening to clips on the internet too. Nothing like hearing it in person. Luckily, AWE is about 20 min from me. I've contacted them and plan to stop in to hear it on a Ram. If it is what I'm expecting, they even do the install right there!

John from AWE described it like this:

"Our exhaust will do exactly what you are asking. At part throttle, you hear a nice rumble and the Hemi sound comes out but it's not overbearing. At cruising speeds and on the highway, you really don't hear anything at all. In most cases on the highway, normal road noise is louder than the exhaust.

However, when harder on the throttle, it really comes to life and brings out the old-school Hemi rowdiness that you want. "

I want to hear the Hemi, but don't want to be constantly driving me crazy inside the cab.

agordon1337

Reaction score
Thank you all for the responses good to know a few other have the same concerns as me about those cold starts my community is very chill but I'm the youngest homeowner on the block and I know I'll **** some old fart off if I have the hemi screaming every morning, I'm leaning towards the AWE and think I'll pull the trigger later today.

Bob.

Reaction score
If your still on the fence, I put the B2 oval muffler with 5" tips (left the resonators on) and I really like the sound. It's has tone when you take off but quiet at cruising speed. If you like the stereo, have small kids or like to chat in the truck this is what you want. I had loud duels in the past over 40 years of horsin' around, but I'm civilized now. LOL

Nova90

Reaction score
I was able to stop by the AWE shop today and one of their folks, John, has the exhaust on a 4th Gen Ram 1500. He was kind enough to let me listen to the truck start up and run. He even took me for a quick drive in it to hear it being put thru the paces. I was going crazy listening to sound clips on the internet and this really helped to experience one in person on a Ram 1500. The AWE definitely gives the Hemi some life, but isn't too obnoxious. While driving and at cruising speeds, it really didn't sound much different on the inside than my stock setup. I was debating between the AWE and the Borla Atak. I was worried about the Atak being too much and heard of recent fitment issues.

I ended up scheduling an appointment for an install at their shop. John didn't have a Ram exhaust in stock with black tips and tried to see if he could get it from a local distributor, but no luck. So, we ordered one to be built. The only downside is it might take about 8 weeks. Can't wait to get it installed.

KonaLaury

Reaction score
I am very happy with my Carven. They have been on my truck since the second day I owned it.

craigrs_d

Reaction score
I went with flowmasters f/x dual mode and tailpipe resonator delete. Love it! Exhaust is like Dr Jeckyl, but with a push of a button, Mr Hyde. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread