5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help- Brake, Trailer Brake and Stability Control lights on after alignment!

MDNT2021

Reaction score
I drive a 2021 1500 limited with the stock air suspension. I just got an alignment from a local shop (not a dealer as they are 30+ miles away). I showed them how to put the truck in alignment mode before leaving. I assume they did this but can't verify. They returned my truck with the ABS, Trailer Brake and Stability Control Lights on and warning messages in my message center. They said they tried to clear them, but they would not clear from memory. They assumed after driving they would reset themselves. They have not. I went home and removed the battery ground for 20+ minutes to hard start the systems, but the warnings persist. Any information on how to get these systems up a running again either by myself or the shop would be appreciated. Also, I needed a new battery and had it replaced. I had the check engine light come on when the voltage was low, but it went out after driving for a while on the old battery. The light is still on. Is it due to the brake issues or the battery?
Thanks in advance,
MDNT2021

Attachments

• IMG-3958.jpg
    IMG-3958.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-3959.jpg
    IMG-3959.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 15

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
More than likely, after they adjusted the alignment, they had to re-center the steering wheel. And if you do that, you then need to do a zero-point reset. If you don't, you may be tracking straight, the steering wheel can be perfectly centered, yet the truck thinks you're cruising down the road with the steering wheel a few degrees to one side. It's going to affect anything that relies on knowing what the driver is doing such as ABS and stability control.

MDNT2021

Reaction score
More than likely, after they adjusted the alignment, they had to re-center the steering wheel. And if you do that, you then need to do a zero-point reset. If you don't, you may be tracking straight, the steering wheel can be perfectly centered, yet the truck thinks you're cruising down the road with the steering wheel a few degrees to one side. It's going to affect anything that relies on knowing what the driver is doing such as ABS and stability control.
Thanks so much for the quick response...
I just called them, as my truck is at the shop again now, they said they did that but the codes are still showing???
Frustrating...

MDNT2021

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the quick response...
I just called them, as my truck is at the shop again now, they said they did that but the codes are still showing???
Frustrating...
So the tire place figured it out and got all the warning lights and messages to clear. The tech said he had to reset each of the sensors and that did it.
Thanks Richard320 for your input on this.

stronbl

Reaction score
So the tire place figured it out and got all the warning lights and messages to clear. The tech said he had to reset each of the sensors and that did it.
Thanks Richard320 for your input on this.
Thanks for posting this. It is good info. I have a great shop (not dealer) who services my Cayenne and it does not have adaptive cruise. They told me they do not have the proper alignment machine to correctly align the vehicles with adaptive cruise. I was going to chime in on that point until I read your last post. So it sounds like your shop has the correct machines and now they know how to reset codes if necessary. Again, thanks for posting.

Users who are viewing this thread