5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP! 2019 RAM Big Horn 1500 quad cab with factory Nexen tires 275 50R 20's and ride very stiff on all bump

Ramrider

Reaction score
2019 RAM Big Horn 1500 quad cab with factory Nexen 275 50R 20's and ride very stiff on all bump...worst pulling 5600# trailer! I feel beaten up on a one hour trip ride.
bounced around....Only rides great on smooth new black top road...not reality on long trip especially in SO CA.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same tires on my 2019 bighorn 4x4 crew cab and the ride is luxury smooth. Sounds like something bigger than just tires.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Has it ridden like this since new? How many miles are on the truck? I agree with miller that something bigger is going on if it's riding that badly. My 2020 Laramie (non-air suspension) with factory Falken AT tires rides very smoothly on the highway.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
lower profile tires for a truck that already will ride harsher and they are 20's. shrug. . . while it shouldnt be terrible, it shouldnt be like driving a Mercedes either.

That being said, I have 22's and its not bad at all, but then again I have LOTS of experience with lowered sports cars on rubber band tires and all heim joint bushings, so I may have a higher tolerance

Users who are viewing this thread