5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! 2019 Ram 1500 Limited with new Front End clank after dealership visit

bjjones

Reaction score
Hi, all.... I need your help. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited with just under 80k miles. About 5k miles ago, I started hearing a rattling noise when driving over bumpy roads. I brought it to the dealership a couple of times and they finally replaced the sway bar end links. I drove her home and the next morning, I heard the same noise again. However, I am now also hearing a very loud clank when I hit any bumps...a noise I've never heard before. It's only 2 days after returning from the end link replacement and now this! Would you take a look at this video and give me your opinion? Is this noise from the sway bar end links or do I suddenly have a mysterious new issue?

Thank you!!
Video Link: New Front End Clank!

JayBee2019

Reaction score
I’d take it back! Especially if that sound appeared directly after your visit. In relation to the other rattling noise that is still there, have your sway bar bushings checked. Mine went bad at 60K. I replaced them with Energy Suspension poly ones. Also, check your body mount bolts. I guess sometimes they weren’t torqued correctly at the factory on some. Good luck 👍

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could be anything from ball joints to bushings in the lower control arm or end link or even the cv axle or intermediate shaft hell maybe the hub assembly

I’m in the same boat 2019 ram limited 95k and have a clunk but not nearly as bad as that!

bjjones

Reaction score
Thanks all. I stopped in at the dealership this morning and showed them the video. They made me an appointment for tomorrow, so I'll see what happens.

bjjones

Reaction score
I guess I just had a panic a little prematurely. The dealership replaced the sway bar bushings and now all of the noises, including the one in my video, are gone. Thanks all for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread