5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help 12.1" Radio Dead

Leddman32

Reaction score
I need help from someone here maybe? Ram Cares has been awful to deal with and has returned one call out of a promised 9. My 12.1" is completely dead. It was doing a reboot every two minutes, took it in and the dealer went through troubleshooting with warranty and it needs a new one. That was five weeks ago. A week later, it went completely dead. My climate controls are on this screen, so I'm guessing on those functions with the hard buttons. I've got a $60k dollar truck that i can't use the basic features on. Ram cares called back once to say 'they were expediting my radio and would update me in two days" and i've yet to hear back. my case manager is worthless, and i'm beyond upset at the way this is being handled. They're making new trucks daily. they have effing radios.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I need help from someone here maybe? Ram Cares has been awful to deal with and has returned one call out of a promised 9. My 12.1" is completely dead. It was doing a reboot every two minutes, took it in and the dealer went through troubleshooting with warranty and it needs a new one. That was five weeks ago. Ram cares called back once to say 'they were expediting my radio and would update me in two days" and i've yet to hear back. my case manager is worthless, and i'm beyond upset at the way this is being handled. They're making new trucks daily. they have effing radios.
I bet you'll get a call now when @ramscare sees them being publicly flamed;)

Leddman32

Reaction score
Man the lack of response from them has been appalling. I've been told no less than four times I would receive a phone call with in 24 hours to never hear anything. They've left messages for my case manager to call me "same day," and like i said, she's contacted me once out of the 9 or so times she was supposed to have done so

Leddman32

Reaction score
So after another call and complaining today I was finally given a call back and eta today.
April 6. My radio has been out since January. April 6. This is unacceptable. Anyone have someone that can help?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have they approved the replacement and they are on back order? Or they still waiting for info from star and possible trying to resolve through firmware update. It is like pulling teeth to get authorization for new radio. As of last month it is about 2-3 week lead time for radio. 3+ month back order for Rado seema a little fishy IMO.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Leddman32

Reaction score
Have they approved the replacement and they are on back order? Or they still waiting for info from star and possible trying to resolve through firmware update. It is like pulling teeth to get authorization for new radio. As of last month it is about 2-3 week lead time for radio. 3+ month back order for Rado seema a little fishy IMO.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Replacement was approved last week of January. It took until today to even get a date. Numerous calls and BS

They’re making new trucks. They have radios. It’s insane.

klaudick1

Reaction score
Exact same issue with my radio, except mine has not completely died yet. It shuts down and reboots after a minute unless my iPhone X is plugged in or not thin the car at all. This all started after I had my first Oil Change done at the dealership where it was bought. They have also been horrible at getting back with me. Only getting one call back after 3 weeks and me having to complain. They are telling me it is on back order. Starting to regret buying RAM if this is the service to be expected.

Cease11

Reaction score
Are you guys talking about the screen going black? Mine has done that 2 times. Just disconnected my battery and it was all good afterwards. My radio did lock though, but then after I turned the truck off and back on it was all good

Leddman32

Reaction score
After posting this Monday and being told April 6, Wednesday night me dealer called and had received the replacement radio. Installed Thursday working great.
These radios have a ton of issues and quirks, but to be clear, mine went into constant reboot on a every two minute schedule. Did this for one week. During this week the dealer was able to troubleshoot with Star on phone and was told a new one was required. Dealer at that time said it would be 10-14 day. A few days after dealer returned vehicle as we waited for replacement, Radio and screen went completely dead. Nothing.
I drove the truck for almost six weeks with a blue tooth speaker to use, and guessing what temp and mode my climate controls were on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online