5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig sway bar

Viper67

Reaction score
Has anyone did towing with the stock bar and then upgrade to the Hellwig? Could you tell a difference towing? Prefer 2019 1500 new style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DDoug

Reaction score
Has anyone did towing with the stock bar and then upgrade to the Hellwig? Could you tell a difference towing? Prefer 2019 1500 new style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I doubt anyone is hard cornering with a loaded trailer ; which is the only benefit a larger diameter sway bar on the front and back of the truck would help; to keep the body of the truck level side to side.
Straight towing you'll never see a difference ; the bars control load side to side, between the body of the truck and the suspension. The truck springs control load side to side and front to back.
There are trailer to hitch sway bars, that can make a difference controlling the trailer from pushing the rear end of the truck around.

Users who are viewing this thread