5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig problems

CanRebel

Reaction score
As others said, the sway bar shouldn't be doing that. I would put the factory on, and bring it back to dealer.

It might just be the picture or my old eyes.
But looking at the picture, driver side looks to be at far outer hole, and passenger side looks like it's middle hole.
Is that just pic or do you have them in different holes?

Hemidakota

Reaction score
As others said, the sway bar shouldn't be doing that. I would put the factory on, and bring it back to dealer.

It might just be the picture or my old eyes.
But looking at the picture, driver side looks to be at far outer hole, and passenger side looks like it's middle hole.
Is that just pic or do you have them in different holes?
Just the pic. They are both in the middle holes. That was one of the first things I checked because my eyes aren't what they used to be either.

It definitely has me stumped as to what it was. If it starts pulling again then I will put the factory bar back on and take it in to the dealer. Most dealers are weeks out to get an appointment just for them to look at your vehicle.

CanRebel

Reaction score
It's like that at a dealer I like to go to. They did it though. because of 'covid' and no stock. They let go half their service dept.
Most went somewhere else.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Wanted to take pictures of the old bracket that didn't fit and the new bracket that they sent. Even drilling the holes more On the old bracket and it's still off. Plus the new bracket is longer and was way easier to put on. IMG_20211007_173250725_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

LakesAZ

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, and glad to see they sent you the correct brackets.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
The more important question is ... Is the steering still off?
It ever so slightly drifts over but nothing like it did. But it stopped doing that before I got the new bracket. If it starts acting up again then I will put the OEM back in and take it to the dealership. It's definitely not as tight in the steering wheel. Maybe I'm use to the better handling and need to bring it in a hole

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It ever so slightly drifts over but nothing like it did. But it stopped doing that before I got the new bracket. If it starts acting up again then I will put the OEM back in and take it to the dealership. It's definitely not as tight in the steering wheel. Maybe I'm use to the better handling and need to bring it in a hole
No need to install the stock sway bar if it starts pulling again. The sway bar should not have any effect on that.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No need to install the stock sway bar if it starts pulling again. The sway bar should not have any effect on that.
Haha, I feel like I’ve seen this before…

Users who are viewing this thread