5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, my name is Matt and I just purchased a RAM.

notoriouskeef

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I've been shopping for a truck for months and this truck shortage and prices have been insane! I saw RAM released some amazing incentives yesterday (also had my tread lightly discount), and equity in my current lease so I shot over to the Ram dealer to see if they had any in stock (I check this dealer every week and there is nothing in stock ever) and they had 2 in stock and the color I wanted, black! I ended up leasing a Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big horn night edition. Picking it up this weekend, time permitting. I've leased several GMC's and ideally that was my first choice but 1. you are paying sticker, period 2. there are none in stock. I decided to switch it up a bit and try out a Ram (saved $200 a month from my current lease)! I love the looks, the ride, the interior with the 12" screen plus features and I got my color! They got two bighorns off the truck yesterday morning. 1 black and 1 grey. While I was looking at the black one someone was trying to buy it! Thankfully they got denied due to credit issues so I jumped. I've heard nothing but good things about Rams and how they are #1 ranking. I'm looking forward to my 3 year relationship with her.

I'm having the dealer put on a tonneau cover, tint to match, and mopar floor mats. I already have some items in my amazon shopping cart to order as well.

Glad to be here

mophead

Reaction score
If you don't mind, please share your numbers. I'm shopping for a lease and the more info the better. I'd really like to see the whole form if you can blank out your personal info. Thanks

mophead

Reaction score
I forgot to say the first thing I'm doing to the truck is fixing the tires so there are no white letters showing. Driving me crazy! Blacked out truck and BAM white letters in your face.
Don't fogetta bout them chrome lugs... what are they thinking????

notoriouskeef

Reaction score
If you don't mind, please share your numbers. I'm shopping for a lease and the more info the better. I'd really like to see the whole form if you can blank out your personal info. Thanks
It was a $55,xxx MSRP at $549 39/10k no money down. Taxes were also rolled in (South Dakota is 4%). This isn't anywhere near a great deal but considering todays market it's the best I could find. I keep seeing people online leasing these things in the $400's but I can't find a dealer anywhere that is willing to match that. I've been calling Ram and GMC dealers within a 1,000 miles of me for months. I'm in South Dakota and I even called out to Pennsylvania. I currently lease an explorer sport (i leased 2 gmc sierras before that and always regretted not having a truck) that ends in December and I was just going to buy that out and wait for the market to calm down but it's been in the shop for 3 weeks getting cylinder head repairs. Considering what was wrong with it I decided I didn't want to risk buying it out just in case something more were to go wrong. Warranty expires in November. My explorer only has 21k miles on it and it's been a PITA. I will never buy a ford again that's for sure.

From my research and quotes I've gotten from dealers within a 1,000 miles for a month I'm happy with where I ended up considering what the truck market is these days. A GMC with nearly the same MSRP with similar options was low $700s. With the market being the way it is I sacrificed a few options I didn't really need, paid a little more than a "good deal" but still saved nearly $200 a month from my previous lease. In 2 to 3 years I hope the market will be normal again and dealers are willing to negotiate. My Ram dealer wouldn't budge off the price he gave me. Wouldn't even include tint lol. I never keep a lease for the entire term. I always trade it after 24-30 months.

Hope that helps a little. I was also a tread lightly member which my dealer had never heard of before but he honored it.

mophead

Reaction score
It was a $55,xxx MSRP at $549 39/10k no money down. Taxes were also rolled in (South Dakota is 4%). This isn't anywhere near a great deal but considering todays market it's the best I could find. I keep seeing people online leasing these things in the $400's but I can't find a dealer anywhere that is willing to match that. I've been calling Ram and GMC dealers within a 1,000 miles of me for months. I'm in South Dakota and I even called out to Pennsylvania. I currently lease an explorer sport (i leased 2 gmc sierras before that and always regretted not having a truck) that ends in December and I was just going to buy that out and wait for the market to calm down but it's been in the shop for 3 weeks getting cylinder head repairs. Considering what was wrong with it I decided I didn't want to risk buying it out just in case something more were to go wrong. Warranty expires in November. My explorer only has 21k miles on it and it's been a PITA. I will never buy a ford again that's for sure.

From my research and quotes I've gotten from dealers within a 1,000 miles for a month I'm happy with where I ended up considering what the truck market is these days. A GMC with nearly the same MSRP with similar options was low $700s. With the market being the way it is I sacrificed a few options I didn't really need, paid a little more than a "good deal" but still saved nearly $200 a month from my previous lease. In 2 to 3 years I hope the market will be normal again and dealers are willing to negotiate. My Ram dealer wouldn't budge off the price he gave me. Wouldn't even include tint lol. I never keep a lease for the entire term. I always trade it after 24-30 months.

Hope that helps a little. I was also a tread lightly member which my dealer had never heard of before but he honored it.
What was your money factor, residual value and incentives? Acquisition and disposition fees. What was the adjusted capital cost too? Thanks!

notoriouskeef

Reaction score
What was your money factor, residual value and incentives? Acquisition and disposition fees. What was the adjusted capital cost too? Thanks!
I will let you know when I pick up the truck tomorrow and get my paperwork.

Users who are viewing this thread