5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Texas

Ironhead1970

Reaction score
Hello from San Antonio tx Took in my 2019 F150 (first and last time I buy a Ford) had 18,000 miles on it. It could only tow 5,000 lbs it was almost paid off. Traded it for a 2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star edition been shopping for a used travel trailer but trying to find one in good condition in my price range and under 5,000 lbs was starting to look impossible.
Saw a lot of trailers right at or a little over 5,000 lbs in decent condition and within my price range. Thats why I wanted a better truck both me and the wife are on a fixed income and we want to spend a few years traveling back and forth to the grandkids in NJ and and going to the Texas coast to see if we want and can go full time we both have disabilities that might not let us. Just got the truck yesterday and I'm looking to see what I need and the cost of turning it into a good tow vehicle. I don't think the sales person knew what he was talking about he kept pulling stats up on his phone saying this truck can pull 12,500 lbs I think you can't go over 12,500 lbs with a fully loaded truck and a trailer together. Got to go by the dealer tomorrow anyway and got to see what it will cost to get a E-break I got some little bag with a few things that says it's for the E-break but it's just some wires and a plate don't know if I got scr×@ed or not I guess I'll find out.
Thank you

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine (Ret.)
Site Supporter
Reaction score
:cool: Welcome aboard (y)

Your truck's capacities are located on your driver's door stickers, or you can enter your VIN -> here <- and it'll tell you what your payload and towing capacity are.

Users who are viewing this thread