5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Pennsylvania!

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Greetings from Pennyslvania's Lehigh Valley. I've had my eye on a RAM 1500 since the Gen 5 was unveiled. When I found out my wife and I were expecting a 3rd child, I realized my Subaru Forester won't cut it, so started looking. As luck would have it, this morning I came across a Laramie Level 1 in Flame Red as a dealer demo with 1600 miles. Wound up getting an additional $4000 off of the promotional price, so I left a deposit and am picking it up Saturday! Can't wait!

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Greetings from Pennyslvania's Lehigh Valley. I've had my eye on a RAM 1500 since the Gen 5 was unveiled. When I found out my wife and I were expecting a 3rd child, I realized my Subaru Forester won't cut it, so started looking. As luck would have it, this morning I came across a Laramie Level 1 in Flame Red as a dealer demo with 1600 miles. Wound up getting an additional $4000 off of the promotional price, so I left a deposit and am picking it up Saturday! Can't wait!

Hello from just a little south of you. Sounds like you got a good deal. Enjoy!

RebelMike

Reaction score
Hello from a little north west of you! Congratulations on the truck and the 3rd kid. Make sure to post some pictures once you pick it up.

79 300

Reaction score
I am just south of the Lehigh Valley in Quakertown. What dealer are you buying it from?

CarRamRod

Reaction score
Congrats! I just got mine for the same reason. Third kid on the way and needed more space.

This ram is the only truck I've found with the latch system in all three seats in the rear bench. Not a feature many will talk about, but I found it very impressive when you've got to install three car seats back there.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Congrats! I just got mine for the same reason. Third kid on the way and needed more space.

This ram is the only truck I've found with the latch system in all three seats in the rear bench. Not a feature many will talk about, but I found it very impressive when you've got to install three car seats back there.

This was one of the things that sold me on the RAM. Picked it up yesterday! Now that I have it, I read up on LATCH and now realize that the max combined weight (child + seat) for LATCH in any car is 66 lbs. My daughter is 38 and the seat is 26, so I guess I'll be fastening her seat in with the seatbelt shortly. I will also say that fastening the top tethers is very confusing in a pickup and I'm not sure I've done it correctly.

That being said, I love my truck! I got a demo Laramie Level 1 at a substantial savings. It's missing a few options I wanted, but the savings made it worth it. It came with the factory fold tonneau, but I think I may ditch that in favor of a better, low profile tonneau like a BAKflip or something.

CarRamRod

Reaction score
I will also say that fastening the top tethers is very confusing in a pickup and I'm not sure I've done it correctly.

This was very confusing for me as well! If the seat is on the outside, run it through the strap behind the headrest and connect it to the strap behind the middle seat. If it's in the middle, run it through the middle strap and connect it to either one of the outside straps.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
This was very confusing for me as well! If the seat is on the outside, run it through the strap behind the headrest and connect it to the strap behind the middle seat. If it's in the middle, run it through the middle strap and connect it to either one of the outside straps.

Yup....but my problem is should the straps for the top tether run underneath the headrest, or around the outside of the posts for the headrest? It's also very hard to pull the top tether tight once it's connected.

CarRamRod

Reaction score
I run mine through/underneath the headrest. It's not as tight as I'd like it to be, but it serves the purpose of preventing forward motion of the top of the seat.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
I run mine through/underneath the headrest. It's not as tight as I'd like it to be, but it serves the purpose of preventing forward motion of the top of the seat.

I took my car seats out today to vacuum and put some beach towels under the seats to prevent the goldfish and raisins from gunking up my seats. I realized the best way to to put the seats back in is to remove the rear headrests, attach the top tether and tighten and then put the headrests back in. It's a little time consuming but works better than trying to fish the straps under the headrests. I suppose you could take the headrests out completely and leave them out, but I wasn't sure.

Which dealer did you buy from btw? Sands? I never checked pricing with them, but it looks like a nice dealer. I have a minor problem with mine (passenger keyless entry doesn't work) and I'm not that happy with my dealer's service thus far, although it's unlikely I'd visit them regularly being from the Lehigh Valley.

Users who are viewing this thread