5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Md

thenobleone79

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm about to buy a used 2021 2500 Limited. It only has 27K miles. All the options I want. Is there anything I should look for before I pick it up? Also, the only thing I wish the truck had was night package. Can I have that done?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome. For the night package you could try to order the pieces and have them painted, or DIY the pieces yourself with some plastidip, or primer and paint. It is possible though. Thanks for joining us.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! As said above, you can purchase and swap in the night edition parts in place of the standard pieces. May be a bit costly, but can certainly be done.

thenobleone79

Reaction score
Thank you for all the welcomes and advice. I planned to pick up the 2500 tomorrow. The dealer just called me and said they sold it even though I reserved it. I'm now getting a 1500 Midnight as I originally wanted. Funny how things work. Another question if I may, which bed cover do you recommend for the 6'4 bed (hard and soft).

Thanks

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you for all the welcomes and advice. I planned to pick up the 2500 tomorrow. The dealer just called me and said they sold it even though I reserved it. I'm now getting a 1500 Midnight as I originally wanted. Funny how things work. Another question if I may, which bed cover do you recommend for the 6'4 bed (hard and soft).

Thanks
Well that sucks. You just can’t trust a dealership when they hungry for a sale🤦🏻‍♂️. Did you put any money down to hold it? Would seem a major **** move if you did and they still sold it under you. If you didn’t, it’s still a **** move, but then it makes sense now. 😑
At least it all worked out in the end for you.
Welcome to the 6’4 bed club. Many options for tonneau covers, depends on what you looking for…roll up, tri-fold, hard fold…the list goes on. I opted for a TonnoPro trifold hard cover with vinyl top. Best of both worlds, I guess. Hard fiberglass tri-fold, vinyl top, pretty solid. With locking tailgate, truck bed remains pretty secure. Cost was around 600 shipped to Hawaii. That’s about average price for a cover like that.
Am very happy with it. Good luck👍 and congratulations on your new ride!

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Make sure it's not a Canadian truck they imported..

Bedcover: I've got the Bak MX4. I like it, but don't love it. It's mostly water proof and the Bak decal is faded & peeling up after only 2 yrs.

397STROKER

Reaction score
I have the Undercover Armor Flex and I like but it does let some water in at the gaps of the tailgate. Very durable and easy to fold up when you want to use the bed.

thenobleone79

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I bought the 1500 from Koons Vienna. Actually a nice experience. Just ordered the Bak MX4 Tonneau Cover. Read on here a lot of people like. Thanks for everything. Here are a few pics. IMG_0188.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread