5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from AZ (recently swapped Taco for a Bighorn BTS)

AZHUND

Reaction score
Hello, picked up my new Bighorn Built to Serve edition a few weeks ago. I was cross-shopping a Rebel, Trail Boss, and Raptor then came across the Built to Serve edition that was just about perfect for my needs (dislike chrome might have been biggest care about in retrospect) and came in a color I didn't realize I wanted until I saw it (ceramic grey). Just went with the Level 1, 4x4, 3.92 gears, and 5.7 with no etorque as the headaches of automated nannies are not worth it for me (such as getting sensors calibrated after a windshield replacement on wife's crossover is almost too much for my patience to handle).

Also have a JLU Wrangler for when I need more clearance/approach which helped settle that I didn't "need" a Rebel (or Raptor) - plus trying to watch a midsize truck turn around on even just a fire road is amusing enough - don't think I would ever take it on anything more serious than that no matter what truck I went with. One weird inconsistent rattle someplace in steering column and hilariously bad MPGs when going up mountains are the only nits so far. Overall happy though with the upgrade from a 3rd gen Taco that was trusty but boring.
IMG-3314.JPG

ScottChurch

Reaction score
Hello, picked up my new Bighorn Built to Serve edition a few weeks ago. I was cross-shopping a Rebel, Trail Boss, and Raptor then came across the Built to Serve edition that was just about perfect for my needs (dislike chrome might have been biggest care about in retrospect) and came in a color I didn't realize I wanted until I saw it (ceramic grey). Just went with the Level 1, 4x4, 3.92 gears, and 5.7 with no etorque as the headaches of automated nannies are not worth it for me (such as getting sensors calibrated after a windshield replacement on wife's crossover is almost too much for my patience to handle).

Also have a JLU Wrangler for when I need more clearance/approach which helped settle that I didn't "need" a Rebel (or Raptor) - plus trying to watch a midsize truck turn around on even just a fire road is amusing enough - don't think I would ever take it on anything more serious than that no matter what truck I went with. One weird inconsistent rattle someplace in steering column and hilariously bad MPGs when going up mountains are the only nits so far. Overall happy though with the upgrade from a 3rd gen Taco that was trusty but boring.
View attachment 67457
Welcome! I am also from Arizona and traded my Tacoma in for a Big Horn.

I’m sure you’ll enjoy the new truck and the added pep of the 5.7 over the 3.5 in the Tacoma.

Users who are viewing this thread