5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Alabama

Barqs

Reaction score
Thanks for the add to the forums!

We just picked up a new Ram 1500 Laramie in Rugged Brown last weekend. I've been eyeballing this one online for the past few weeks, and when we went to the dealer "just to look" last Saturday there it was sitting in the showroom. The wife took one look at the two-tone brown interior and said "time to trade!" How could I pass that up? We traded in a '10 Laramie 2WD for a '19 Laramie 4x4 w/air suspension, and I absolutely love it. I wasn't sure about the 12" screen, but after a week of playing around with Apple Carplay I'm glad I did it. It's nice with the split screen that allows you to keep the nav screen up while you change the audio sources or the comfort controls.

I installed a Bed Rug and an Ultra Flex bed cover over the weekend, and finally received my rubber mats from the dealership today (the truck was supposed to come with them, but someone took them out before I took delivery). That will all come in handy as we get the 8-10" rain they're forecasting this week!

As for the first week negatives, I am starting to get the infamous squeaky brakes that I've read so much about on these forums. I see a trip to the dealership with TSB's in hand in my near future. My '10 was a solid and dependable truck through 100k miles, so I am hoping to get similar results from this one.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the 5th gen and good luck with your run to the dealership. How many miles are on it ?

Barqs

Reaction score
Welcome to the 5th gen and good luck with your run to the dealership. How many miles are on it ?

I'm just shy of 1k miles now. The squeal started around 300 miles.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the add to the forums!

We just picked up a new Ram 1500 Laramie in Rugged Brown last weekend. I've been eyeballing this one online for the past few weeks, and when we went to the dealer "just to look" last Saturday there it was sitting in the showroom. The wife took one look at the two-tone brown interior and said "time to trade!" How could I pass that up? We traded in a '10 Laramie 2WD for a '19 Laramie 4x4 w/air suspension, and I absolutely love it. I wasn't sure about the 12" screen, but after a week of playing around with Apple Carplay I'm glad I did it. It's nice with the split screen that allows you to keep the nav screen up while you change the audio sources or the comfort controls.

I installed a Bed Rug and an Ultra Flex bed cover over the weekend, and finally received my rubber mats from the dealership today (the truck was supposed to come with them, but someone took them out before I took delivery). That will all come in handy as we get the 8-10" rain they're forecasting this week!

As for the first week negatives, I am starting to get the infamous squeaky brakes that I've read so much about on these forums. I see a trip to the dealership with TSB's in hand in my near future. My '10 was a solid and dependable truck through 100k miles, so I am hoping to get similar results from this one.

Welcome, where you located in the state?

RenoRam

Reaction score
Sharp looking! Not too many in that color around

Users who are viewing this thread