5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello fellow members. I’m new at this.

76PowerWagon

Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Leroy. My sons 2020 Laramie Ram wouldn’t start this morning. He had an alarm on his dash that said something like traction control. We jump started it and he disabled the traction control. We shut it off and after about 10 minutes it wouldn’t start again. If you experienced this with your Ram, I’d really appreciate it if you would share what you did to fix the problem.
Thank you very much,
LeRoy

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Based on a huge number of threads here, I'd say bad battery. Even if it gets charged and tests good. The voltage can do weird things and trigger all kinds of codes. As an aside, the next size up battery will fit. It's just a matter of unsnapping a plastic spacer. And after replacement, do not be alarmed if you've lost some electronic features. Be patient, they'll reappear in the next day or so.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Leroy. My sons 2020 Laramie Ram wouldn’t start this morning. He had an alarm on his dash that said something like traction control. We jump started it and he disabled the traction control. We shut it off and after about 10 minutes it wouldn’t start again. If you experienced this with your Ram, I’d really appreciate it if you would share what you did to fix the problem.
Thank you very much,
LeRoy

"Wouldn't start" and "we jump started it", for me translates as discharged battery. Any number of weird codes can come up after the battery has collapsed, so I wouldn't initially worry much about those. So after you started it, you only let it run long enough to disable the traction control and then shut it off? Seems to me you would have let it run awhile or put a battery charger on it or something. Something to recharge the battery (?)

So it's a couple years old, could be a failed battery. Or failed alternator. Or been left sitting too long. Or parasitic current draw somewhere draining the battery.
If it were mine, I'd check for stuff left plugged in or turned on, think about the other possibilities, maybe put a charger on it overnight, and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread