5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello All - thanks in advance for your help and guidance ...

SaintlySins

Reaction score
Restart on life about to happen ... I'll leave out the juicy parts for another time, but for now, let's stick to a few questions I have about the Ram 3.0 Unlimited before I pull the trigger and buy one.

The current truck is a Custom 2006 Honda Ridgeline that is one of thee best vehicles I have ever owned - and the only vehicle I've kept more than 4 years. Alas, all good things must come to an end and it's time my old bones got a seat with more cushion and more MPG as my driving is about to increase dramatically.

I'm VERY interested in the Ram 1500, Unlimited, 3.0 with a 33 gal tank, multifunction tailgate, Midnight Edition and most of the bells/whistles that make long drives enjoyable.
I've surfed the site a bit before joining and hope to speak to Adam and the other sales favorites here for the better deal - as well as to keep it "in the 5th Gen's family".

See you in the other sections.

Gregory

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Restart on life about to happen ... I'll leave out the juicy parts for another time, but for now, let's stick to a few questions I have about the Ram 3.0 Unlimited before I pull the trigger and buy one.

The current truck is a Custom 2006 Honda Ridgeline that is one of thee best vehicles I have ever owned - and the only vehicle I've kept more than 4 years. Alas, all good things must come to an end and it's time my old bones got a seat with more cushion and more MPG as my driving is about to increase dramatically.

I'm VERY interested in the Ram 1500, Unlimited, 3.0 with a 33 gal tank, multifunction tailgate, Midnight Edition and most of the bells/whistles that make long drives enjoyable.
I've surfed the site a bit before joining and hope to speak to Adam and the other sales favorites here for the better deal - as well as to keep it "in the 5th Gen's family".

See you in the other sections.

Gregory
And by "Unlimited", you mean "Limited"? This is a Ram, not a Wrangler...

SaintlySins

Reaction score
And by "Unlimited", you mean "Limited"? This is a Ram, not a Wrangler...
HaaaHa ! !

My first post and I've already messed up! And of course ... you're correct.

I was joking with the sales person about why would I ever want a "limited" ... I wanted an "unlimited" version, and from there, it's become part of my vocabulary. It won't happen in text again (I hope ;- )

Gregory

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome! I had an 07 Ridgeline for 6 years, sold it to my son who kept it for 6 more years before he traded it on his current Ram. That was a great vehicle, and I think you will find a Ram "Unlimited" to offer more comfort the the Honda ever could.

SaintlySins

Reaction score
Worked every deal, trick and every code/friend/family discount I could ... got a great trade-in on a well used, rode-hard-hung-up-wet Ridgeline and drove off with a Fully Loaded Limited with everything but the Night Edition cosmetic package.

300 miles later, I'm ecstatic!

I've noticed a few things the factory got backwards (fuses for two options aren't in the position they were supposed to be in) ... the paint around the rear fenders needed some 'correction' (I'm a stickler for perfect paint jobs) ... and there's a bit of wonkiness yet to be managed/worked out between the Infotainment Center and my Android (they're not playing well together - "yet" ) ... but these will all be worked out by the end of the week.

Without trying, I'm getting 18.1 MPG in a mix of City/Township/Highway driving in the Northeast Chicagoland area after 330 miles ... and that's a BIG WIN for me as my right foot is affected by gravity more than my left one ... can't imagine what I'll get on the long highway drive coming up this weekend.

I'll be mining the site for accessories (bed cover and an adjustable height trailer hitch to start, w/ bumper guards to immediately follow).

Looking forward to the learning curve ahead ... thanks for everyone's welcome and I'll see you in the other forums.

---G---

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from the great sovereign state of Arkansas!

Users who are viewing this thread