5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heavy duty ramps

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have some composite ones that I bought many years ago and they work great. Bought them at Walmart.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rhino Ramps here- just check the actual weight rating before you go loading a truck on it....
You Beat me to it! I have a pair I bought from Walmart last year. Used them twice on my Ram Hemi without any issues so far. I think they're the 8,000lb set.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Another Rhino Ramps vote, the 16,000 lbs versions, $50 delivered on Amazon prime.

I used them so far on several vehicles, including my Rebel with it's wide tires and it worked perfectly, zero bulging or any sign of stress, highly recommend!

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another Rhino Ramps vote, the 16,000 lbs versions, $50 delivered on Amazon prime.

I used them so far on several vehicles, including my Rebel with it's wide tires and it worked perfectly, zero bulging or any sign of stress, highly recommend!

I wanted those originally but they seemed to have more 1-star reviews than the 8,000lb set.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I wanted those originally but they seemed to have more 1-star reviews than the 8,000lb set.

Yeah, I was worried about some of those reviews, but they generally have high reviews as a whole, so decided on the more higher weight rated set.

But zero complaints, rides and and down them with no issues, zero signs of stress with the Rebel on them. I have used them about 10 times so far, very happy with them.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I was worried about some of those reviews, but they generally have high reviews as a whole, so decided on the more higher weight rated set.

But zero complaints, rides and and down them with no issues, zero signs of stress with the Rebel on them. I have used them about 10 times so far, very happy with them.
How's the bottom traction on them? I always have to put my Hemi into 4Hi to get them up the ramps lol

SD Rebel

Reaction score
How's the bottom traction on them? I always have to put my Hemi into 4Hi to get them up the ramps lol

Good idea!

But no issues even with 2WD. I make sure to push the front of the ramp right up against the tire before I start to drive up them, to give it a bit of a head start. Doesn't "walk" in any way on me regardless of what vehicles I've used it on, including a Lexus sedan, Jeep Grand Cherokee & Ranger.

I heard though if you have a very smooth concrete floor, it could move a little. But if you push the tip of the ramp & wedge it under the tire it should prevent that. Though I have heard of people placing a bath towel under the ramp for more traction in those situations. But never ran into those issues myself, my truck just drives right up and down it like it was solidly mounted to the floor.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
would it be ok to use four of them?

My only worry is that it would be hard to chalk one the tires if you do that for safety. There isn't really any room behind the tire on the ramp, so your truck would be elevated with no chalks at all.

But otherwise, people do it quite often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online