5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heavy condensation inside truck in front windshields

dadneeds_a_beer

Reaction score
I have this issue mainly in the winter and cold months. I live in a rural town where it snows and cold gets down to 10s or lower at night. for some reason i have really bad condensation in my front windshield on the inside along with my driver and passenger side windows. the back get it as well but not as bad. the condensation starts immediately after leaving it and letting it sit. the worse is at night when it gets below freezing, it starts to freeze inside and i either have to basically melt it off or wipe it off with a rag. I took it to the dealer thinking it may be a window leaking or something in that sense. They keep telling me they cant find the issue and eventually told me it was my floormats getting wet from our feet as we drag in snow or water and it creates the condensation, which sounds possible. I bought all weather mats to make sure the carpet isnt getting wet, yet, im still having the same issue. I'm lost to be honest. my other option is to take it to a different dealer, but thats 4 hours minimum away for the closest one. Just wanted to come on here to see if anyone has had that issue and if so, hoping, there was a fix they found or some guidance. Thanks!

ps. picture a view of how its building on windshield 30 minutes after coming home. (view from security camera)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231205-182517.png
    Screenshot_20231205-182517.png
    602.1 KB · Views: 22

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have this issue mainly in the winter and cold months. I live in a rural town where it snows and cold gets down to 10s or lower at night. for some reason i have really bad condensation in my front windshield on the inside along with my driver and passenger side windows. the back get it as well but not as bad. the condensation starts immediately after leaving it and letting it sit. the worse is at night when it gets below freezing, it starts to freeze inside and i either have to basically melt it off or wipe it off with a rag. I took it to the dealer thinking it may be a window leaking or something in that sense. They keep telling me they cant find the issue and eventually told me it was my floormats getting wet from our feet as we drag in snow or water and it creates the condensation, which sounds possible. I bought all weather mats to make sure the carpet isnt getting wet, yet, im still having the same issue. I'm lost to be honest. my other option is to take it to a different dealer, but thats 4 hours minimum away for the closest one. Just wanted to come on here to see if anyone has had that issue and if so, hoping, there was a fix they found or some guidance. Thanks!

ps. picture a view of how its building on windshield 30 minutes after coming home. (view from security camera)
Check to make sure your condensate drain for HVAC isn't blocked, causing moisture from defrost vents onto windshield. See if you can feel wet carpet in front or back. If there is standing water on your floormats after you park, that's definitely not helping. Make sure you aren't using recirculate on hvac when driving

Users who are viewing this thread