5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heater question

Littlejoe81

Reaction score
I have a hvac question, with my 90's cars when I drive in cold weather here in Illinios with the air register set for fresh air mode (not recirculate) with the blower/ (heat off) and temperature in the red area I get warm air coming through the vents with little to no breeze barely noticeable without the blower running, enough to keep the cab warm without running/turning on the blower. With the Ram no air comes through the vents with the system off leaving me to run the heat (blower) on low. This defeats the stop/start for mpg due to vehicle demand. Am I doing something wrong or is this how new electronic hvac systems function in vehicles nowadays due to electronic blend doors? Never had a vehicle where you constantly have to run the heat turning it on and off due to #1 setting getting too warm.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a hvac question, with my 90's cars when I drive in cold weather here in Illinios with the air register set for fresh air mode (not recirculate) with the blower/ (heat off) and temperature in the red area I get warm air coming through the vents with little to no breeze barely noticeable without the blower running, enough to keep the cab warm without running/turning on the blower. With the Ram no air comes through the vents with the system off leaving me to run the heat (blower) on low. This defeats the stop/start for mpg due to vehicle demand. Am I doing something wrong or is this how new electronic hvac systems function in vehicles nowadays due to electronic blend doors? Never had a vehicle where you constantly have to run the heat turning it on and off due to #1 setting getting too warm.
Off means off. I keep mine on auto set to a temp so it just always maintains a comfortable temp. Works extremely well.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
i know exactly what you mean. my 2013 nissan sentra if the dial is at red even with fan off and not on recirculation (air from outside flows in) the air blows in hot/warm, same if its on cold. These new trucks no, that is not the case. if the fan isnt running, you will not have any air coming in.

Users who are viewing this thread