5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heater question?

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At what temperature setting does the heater turn on? It’s 66° outside and I have it on 72°. It’s blowing cold. What the hell. I have it on Auto.

Attachments

• 446977FA-1700-4CB2-9ED9-4A8337584FFF.jpeg
    446977FA-1700-4CB2-9ED9-4A8337584FFF.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 24

Troop2865

Reaction score
Mine does the same sometimes. It is going to measure the temperature inside your truck and adjust accordingly. The outside temperature does not matter. It is the cabin temperature. For example, if it is sunny outside, it can heat the inside to an uncomfortable level even if it is cold out. Thus, the system will blow cool air.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When its just cool outside; I crank my heat to about 76 degrees. It heats up real quick then. Once I begin to feel warn I put it back to 70 - 72 degrees.

Dgulia

Reaction score
My 2018 Wrangler JL is even worse. I bump it to 75 degrees.
My Ram is much better.

rdz418

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
At what temperature setting does the heater turn on? It’s 66° outside and I have it on 72°. It’s blowing cold. What the hell. I have it on Auto.
I'm hoping you live South, cause here in PA if it's 66 degrees outside, I'm wearing a t-shirt and in no need of heat.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
You should have a inside temperature reading on your screen. If inside temp reads >72 then cold air, etc. Same as the others said but looking at your own inside temp reading will confirm why the climate control is doing what it's doing.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should have a inside temperature reading on your screen. If inside temp reads >72 then cold air, etc. Same as the others said but looking at your own inside temp reading will confirm why the climate control is doing what it's doing.

Do you mind telling me where the inside temperature reading is at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Do you mind telling me where the inside temperature reading is at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well to be honest, I don't have my truck yet but generally it is somewhere on the uconnect screen. I would imagine somewhere in the climate control tab. Maybe somewhere at the perimeter of the screen. I would be REALLY surprised if it is not somewhere on that screen. Probably somewhere close to the outside temperature indicator. Sorry I can't be specific but I just don't have one to look at this moment but almost certain its available to see.

CarRamRod

Reaction score
There is not an inside temperature reading that I am aware of. The only temperatures that appear are what you have the cabin set to and the outside temperature.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
I am REALLY surprised! I have two other vehicles that also show the inside temperature. I made the wrong assumption this was the norm with displays now. Sorry. Maybe an update in the future?

CarRamRod

Reaction score
I am REALLY surprised! I have two other vehicles that also show the inside temperature. I made the wrong assumption this was the norm with displays now. Sorry. Maybe an update in the future?

It probably should be included, but I wouldn't hold out too much hope on them adding it in a future update. I agree with OP in that the algorithm used by the system needs to be tweaked. I am constantly having to adjust it when I have it set in auto because it seems to favor cooling vs heating.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm hoping you live South, cause here in PA if it's 66 degrees outside, I'm wearing a t-shirt and in no need of heat.
The kid has a fever and he was cold. Had to adjust for him. I was in a t-shirt for sure.

grinch72

Reaction score
I keep mine at 74. Anything less than that feels cold to me. On the opposite side of that is my 2018 JGC. I can't raise that any higher than 70 or I'm cooking!

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Curious as to which vehicles these were? I've never seen the ambient cabin temp displayed in any vehicle, only the set temp display and ambient exterior temps.

Users who are viewing this thread