5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heater hose popped loose today.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Has anybody heard of this happening?
Today I was driving to Kissimmee and on the way up there I was going to pass two vehicle's in front of me and as I was just about at the rear of the car in front of me they pulled out in front of me forcing me to take the shoulder which was grass, sandy but very rough so rough one of my bed lights popped out of its hole.
As I was driving I smelled coolant once for the whole ride to my destination, but on the way home I smelt it once again but didn't think running off road would of done anything major, it wasn't till I stopped at the last stop light from my camper that I seen steam coming up from the hood, and I checked my gauges and it was only reading 223 f and it would fluctuate but never got hot according to the gauge and once I got home I shut it off and popped the hood to see a little coolant on the pass side inner fender well then checked underneath and the under carriage was wet from all the coolant I was loosing.

So checking the cap on the reservoir it says to use OAT COOLANT MS-12106.
My neighbor was nice enough to take me to Autozone but the only bottle that had that MS-12106 label was a GM orange coolant and I didn't feel comfortable putting that in.
So would anybody know what brand coolant I can substitute for the Mopar coolant for right now? I want to fill it up and drive it to make sure the engine was not overheated. I'll have to call my local Ram dealership to see what they think about the heater hose popping off, but at least I can drive it to them if I had to if I can find a substitute coolant.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Well The ram dealership was no help and actually charged me $155 for "diagnostics" diagnose what? I'm still scratching my head.
All I asked was to find out why in the hell a heater hose just comes loose even when its clamped down and all I got was "well your coolant level is fine" Yes I know its fine because I had to fill it up the night before so I could drive it to your dumb *** just tell me its "fine".
And to make matters worse she told me I voided the warranty on the hose by installing a clamp, well if the factory clamp was still there I would of used it but it was long gone or sitting on the motor somewhere, all I know the clamp was gone or broke or something, man these dealers are really starting to **** me off.
So I'm out $308 for a possible cheap *** clamp.
This is my first ram and its going to be my last if crap like this keeps up.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you should contact FCA and demand a refund from the dealer. If they don't comply sue everyone in small claims. you should not have to pay for a defect or diagnostics of a failure under warranty.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
I called Ram customer care yesterday and was told I would receive a call today about my complaint, guess what? No call(n)
I had them look into the clunk I will hear sometimes in the front end as well, so I don't know if what I was charged included " suspension diagnosis" they were really vague about everything and they wouldn't test drive my truck to try to recreate the noise because they could not go "off road", but that's just more BS that I don't want to explain atm.

Users who are viewing this thread