5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated steering wheel

Powerbandjohnny

Reaction score
I just had my steering wheel replaced under warranty for leather deteriorating. After I picked it up from dealership I tried to turn on heated steering wheel to make sure it works and sure enough it didn’t work. Manual states that it won’t turn on if already hot and it is summer time now so I parked in shade and cranked up ac to cool it down but still won’t turn on. Does anyone know if truck has to be at a certain degree or lower before it works? Trying to avoid a trip back to dealership if it’s something as simple as it just needing to be certain degree before it works. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigHerm611

Reaction score
I’ve tried mine and it came on. I bought my truck in May, and a few weeks ago I had a wild hair to see if it worked in mine since I bought the truck used. I live in Louisiana so it was plenty hot outside when I turned it on.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
My steering wheel leather is shot to hell as well. Guess I should try to get a replacement

Powerbandjohnny

Reaction score
My steering wheel leather is shot to hell as well. Guess I should try to get a replacement

Dealership or fca didn’t give a hard time about replacing it under warranty. Mine was coming apart on top where I usually rest my hand.

Powerbandjohnny

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Guess I’ll have them check it out when it goes back in for backglass replacement due to water leak.

Users who are viewing this thread