5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated Steering Wheel

ermil1385

Reaction score
Hi All!
2019 Laramie Sport 4x4 Hemi with 12" and all the tech stuff - my heated wheel only "heats" to about 4 and 8 o'clock on the wheel; the bottom stays cold. Is that normal?

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi All!
2019 Laramie Sport 4x4 Hemi with 12" and all the tech stuff - my heated wheel only "heats" to about 4 and 8 o'clock on the wheel; the bottom stays cold. Is that normal?
Hi there. Yes it's normal. I have one also and not the entire wheel heats. I imagine there is sections of the wheel where it's either different material, or there is wiring that they have in certain areas.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I find the sides of the wheel heat up faster than the top/bottom portions.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The original wheel in my Laramie heated up pretty much all the way around. I don't drive with my hands at or near the 6 o'clock position so I can't say for sure if it heated up there. But I had heat everywhere I normally grab the wheel. The Longhorn wheel I installed in my Laramie also heats up pretty much all the way around. But it takes quite a bit longer for the wood insert section to heat up. Which makes sense since wood is not a great conductor of heat. I did notice that the Longhorn wheel gets quite a bit warmer than the original Laramie wheel did. Not uncomfortably hot, but I usually turn the heat off about half-way to work. I just left the Laramie wheel heat on for the entire commute.

Appyfan

Reaction score
Hi All!
My 2021 Limited heats up all the way around, but it does seem like 4 and 8 o’clock heat up first, and maybe stay slightly warmer than the rest of the wheel.

834k3r

Reaction score
My 2021 Limited heats up all the way around, but it does seem like 4 and 8 o’clock heat up first, and maybe stay slightly warmer than the rest of the wheel.
My '21 Laramie Sport matches this experience; no issues with wheel heating all the way around.

dandar

Reaction score
2019 limited and the entire wheel heat up. The transition from leather to faux wood (fine lets just call it plastic) at 10 and 2 takes longer then the rest bu the whole steering wheel is warm. In fact 4 and 8 positions heat up fastest and stay hottest. That's where I usually keep my hands to warm them up.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2019 limited and the entire wheel heat up. The transition from leather to faux wood (fine lets just call it plastic) at 10 and 2 takes longer then the rest bu the whole steering wheel is warm. In fact 4 and 8 positions heat up fastest and stay hottest. That's where I usually keep my hands to warm them up.
This is how mine is too , minus the wood .

Moe1962

Reaction score
Temps dropped here last night and I had mine turned on this morning. The whole steering wheel was hot in mine.

Users who are viewing this thread