5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated steering wheel on limited Ram’s?

cotonymopar

Reaction score
use it all the time in the colder times here in Colorado! would never be without it again, warmer than my 12 rams heated wheel

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The heating elements are not consistant across the board. Some report, mildly warm, mine gets down right hot. I love it (Michigan) but I can only leave it on a few minutes at a time.

Reaction score
Hello from the Arctic of Canada. Heated seats and steering wheel are a must. I think the wheel get real hot because I think people would usually be wearing gloves. Anyway, I think a huge design flaw is that the passenger seat doesn't heat when you use remote start. Our Silverado heats both seats.

kmcguirt

Reaction score
Yes - the entire wheel gets quite hot here in SC. On a related note, can anyone recommend a good “grippy” steering wheel cover? I never realized how much I would hate the slipperiness of the wood!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hello from the Arctic of Canada. Heated seats and steering wheel are a must. I think the wheel get real hot because I think people would usually be wearing gloves. Anyway, I think a huge design flaw is that the passenger seat doesn't heat when you use remote start. Our Silverado heats both seats.
Agree. They could implement this via an OTA if they wanted. Fat chance thought...

smashweights

Reaction score
Leather gets almost too warm but heats quickly and feels great on cold hands. Wood trim at the top never seems to get more than lukewarm such that when my hands are cold I change my grip on the wheel. As others said, I didn't think I'd use it much living in the South but when it's 30-50 degrees out it feels great and I'm using it all the time.

On a side note, the wood trim looks great but I do wish the whole wheel was leather, it's grippier, warmer.

flyingron

Reaction score
Initially, I didn't think much of the heated wheel, until the day it was cold and I punched up the remote start. Wrapping my cold fingers around the warm wheel was a definite plus.

drew7811

Reaction score
I know this thread is about Limited, but I figured I’d chime in anyway. My Laramie is all leather, barely feels like it’s on. Dealer “said” they compared it to another truck and it was the same, performs as expected nothing wrong. My 4th Gen Sport got hot just like most of you are describing.

My 19 Laramie gets quite hot after a few minutes. I have to turn it off after no more than 5 min.

supercanadian

Reaction score
I am surprised how much I like this feature. Helps I am in frozen Canada. I use it all the time (turns on auto) and I love how it feels. Also like how I can have the heated seats on the lowest level and not be too hot, on my old f150 even the lowest setting was way too warm for a longer trip.

Reactions: MJP

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I am surprised how much I like this feature. Helps I am in frozen Canada. I use it all the time (turns on auto) and I love how it feels. Also like how I can have the heated seats on the lowest level and not be too hot, on my old f150 even the lowest setting was way too warm for a longer trip.
Ditto, and I am in Houston, and love using this on cooler days.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Heated seats and heated steering wheel...hard to beat on those chilly mornings.

Users who are viewing this thread